Visio call doesn't work

Hello,

I received my 2nd batch FP a couple of days ago and I am very happy with it.
However, the visio call doesn’t work, I get a message saying that the visiophone service is not active on this SIM card (I only have 1 SIM card).
I checked the system parameters and it says that the visio calls are active by default. I don’t understand.
How could I fix this?
Thank your very much for your help.

@Armelle_Cailliau_Nad, I see nobody has responded to you on this topic. I’m unfamiliar with visiophone service myself, can you give me a bit more detail about what you’re trying to do and I’ll see what I can do to help.

Thank you for your help.
I tried giving a visio call by pressing the button at the bottom right hand, then I got a message saying that the visiophone service is not active on this SIM card.
So I checked the SIM parameters, but everything seems OK there, the visio calls are active by default.

Have a nice day!

I am unsure what visiophone is and how it works. Is it an app on your phone, and what settings do you need to make it work.

Have you tried to contact the operator to check if there is anything else you need to do to get it up and running on your new phone?

A visio call is when you call someone with your smartphone and you can see their faces on your phone.
But it is not an app, you can normally do it with a smartphone without installing anything.

Now, you were right about the operator, I checked and mine doesn’t allow these calls :frowning:

Thanks a lot for your help

There is an option for video calling on the Fairphone, but I’ve never tried it. I think there are some decent ‘alternatives’ like Skype to do video calls.

1 Like

I use skype, pretty good quality video calling on the FP. Not used any other alternatives though so can’t suggest another one