[updated] Toggling the energy saving mode crashes or affects apps

Whenever I turn on/off energy saving mode during the use of some apps those apps crash or behave odd. Thos mode is switched on and off also when plugging/unplugging a charging cable while energy saving mode is active - cause this switches the mode, too.

Thats how I first noticed that: whenever I plug or unplug the charging cable during use of any app the home screen appears and/or the app behaves odd. It is like the plugging/unplugging were a gesture… does anyone have this problem, too?
Any idea what might cause that?

Hi Michael,

from my point of view there is absolutely no need to keep power saving mode switched on all the time. The FP3 battery easily lasts two days for me. And I agree to

Battery Saver mode isn’t something you want enabled all of the time. While more battery life sounds great, turning off these features comes with significant downsides. This mode lowers performance, prevents background sync, and limits GPS access. That’s fine if the alternative is your phone dying, but it’s not something you want to deal with all the time–just when you’re really desperate to eke out a bit more battery.

Source: https://www.howtogeek.com/242472/how-to-use-and-configure-androids-battery-saver-mode/

1 Like

Is that when you have energy saving mode enabled, or is this unrelated?
And please define “behaves odd”. What does that mean? What exactly would your Apps do then?

In my case when connecting a charger the phone will for a moment show the lock screen with an added message whether it will now charge fast or slow.
I would guess without the screen lock the home screen would appear with some message or notification about this? Can anybody check? (I hope not, how can you not have a screen lock :wink: ?)