Update problem FP3S.A.0103

Hi folks,

I have a brand new FP4 and after initial setup I got the message that a new update FP3S.A.0103 is available. When I start the update there is a progress bar shortly appearing and then it says Download paused without further error message. I can choose Resume but always get the same result.

The battery indicator shows more than 80% and I don’t know how to solve this problem.

Can anyone Help?

I would say you are discussing about 2 different updates?

@fairphonemk what build is installed on your FP4? You can check under Settings about the phone, at the Bottom.

Have you tried a restart? Are you using a SD card?

1 Like

Ah, you’re right. Maybe reboot and check for new updates?

1 Like

I had issues with FP3 updates and showed same behaviour as you describe when it was not connected to Wifi.

3 Likes

Do you have a firewall app installed?

I had the same issue when updating to 0107. After resuming download several times and deactivating NetGuard, the update was installed.

4 Likes

Clear cache and storage of the Updater app and it should work again.

2 Likes

Hi folks,

thanks for your help.

I found the reason for this problem - the pihole in my network blocked the update.

I whitelisted these urls and it worked:
firebaselogging-pa.googleapis.com
redirector.gvt1.com

I’m not sure if both urls are needed to be whitelisted.

6 Likes

Hi fairphonemk

I had issues with recieving such updates in my local Wifi some time ago - issues showed up with my FP3 and with a Nokia mobile phone, too.

I was able to track it down to the pihole like you did but on my side it was sufficient only to whitelist

redirector.gvt1.com

for that the updates worked flawlessly again on Wifi on both devices.

Best
DonFnord

5 Likes

I would never whitelist this tracker :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.