[UNOFFICIAL] Stock ROM Android 4.4.2/4.4.4 Kitkat for FP1 & FP1U

Hi Chrmhoffmann
Is it possible to upload only update files in the ROM instead of complete ROM file of 243.4 MB. Also, if it is possible, please show complete method who to add these filed in the ROM via windows PC / Laptops. Thanks for your hard work

I installed 0.9 version. Working great

You should all upgrade to 0.9.1, as there’s a bug that make certain apps crashing in 0.9.

And no, I can’t make partial upgrades for the moment,

Chris

1 Like

Ok thanks Chrmhoffmann
Already installed 0.9.1. Working great. Not yet checked completely.

One issue i found is "when adding a new contact to the sim card it says “unfortunately contacts stopped working” i checked it in all version i.e. 0.3 to 0.9.1 but did not resolve. Any idea, is this ROM problem or otherwise. Chris… Also while adding the contact into phone, it works fine.

3 Likes

Found the issue. it will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks for reporting this!!!

Chris

6 Likes

Ok Thanks for reply and hard work. Will be waiting for upgrade

Hey,

No need to do further testing without flashing 0.7. It should be resolved
there.

Chris

1 Like

Thank you, I installed it some days ago and, as I wrote in a previous post it solved the problem:

Now I have the same problem with XPosed framework installation but didn’t investigate too deep because I have very little free time these days :pensive:

Bye! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It will be up in a few moments. It’s called 0.9.2.

Most likely the very last release for this year. Happy holidays!

6 Likes

Thank you! Just for making things easier for the lazy people (like me) I copied a part of the Changelog here. Check out the related xda thread anyway!

Changelog fp1-kk444-CH-0.9.2:
*- Fix that you can now call funny numbers like 143# without phone application crash
- Fix to be able to add contacts to SIM card

(Update: snipped … to show only the lastet change, for more check the xda site and chrmhoffmann’s comments)

BTW: it’s a bit misleading in my changelog. Gapps are not included. It basically meant: hey, there are new gapps out, why not updating them, too, at the same time you flash.

Chris

Hi all,

Maybe it’s a newbie question, but I just downloaded the rom (https://basketbuild.com/filedl/devs?dev=chrmhoffmann&dl=chrmhoffmann/fp1-kk-stock/fp1-kk444-CH-0.9.2.zip) and Avast blocked it due to the Android:Gedma-C virus. I found a bit of information about it but nothing really clear. Is it a false alarm? And if it is, why and what’s the purpose of the file?

Thanks a lot, specially to Chris for his awesome work!

My Kaspersky declared it clean. I do not know why avast does

Hi Chris Bro…I installed 0.9.2… both issues resolved… thanks again for sincere and hard work

guess that happens more often with custom builds (see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=53746151&postcount=111 for instance)

Hi mamajee and madde,

Thanks for your reply, but those answers make me feel less comfortable even. It’s common that some antivirus find some risks that others do not, but there should be a reason for that. Also, other ROMs having the same issue does not make a difference about my concern.

I’m aware that this could be a false positive, and that this could be most probably related to Mediatek itself, not the custom ROM. But I would like to be sure of it before installing anything.

Thanks for your time!

Hello Mensha,
I searched the internet and found some info about this “virus”, I guess it’s related to these two files in /system/app/ : SmsReg.apk and SmsReg.odex. I deleted these files after installation (with a root-explorer like “X-plore” or “MiXplorer”) and got no problems anymore.

See http://androidforums.com/threads/what-is-this.834392/ : "What is SMSreg.apk?
There are two interpretations of the
destination of this application. The first and most popular - a
malicious program that is specifically integrated into the firmware for
the pumping of money the user via SMS messages to premium rate numbers.

The second interpretation SMSreg.apk
has a practical application. According to her this application contrary
indispensable assistant and guardian. It allows you to send an SMS
message when a new SIM card. That is, in the case of lost or stolen
phone, you should receive an SMS with the IMEI number once the
new “owner” insert your sim card

How to remove SMSreg.apk?

The application is hidden from the eyes of the average user, you will not find it in the list of installed programs.For what would be daring in Android SMSreg need to get root rights and set RootExplorer.Then in RootExplorer proceed to the file system / system / app and re-mount it with the right R / W.In the application you will see SMSreg.apk and SMSreg.odex.After removal of the program need to remount the file system again as R / O and reboot your smartphone.Now you can sleep peacefully - mysterious disappearance of funds from the account must stop."

By the way, these two files are present in every original fairphone-rom, so just delete them and enjoy the fantastic work of chrmhoffmann.
Happy flashing!

Did you guys try scanning the archive with virustotal.com to see if there is consensus about the virus scanners regarding if it’s a threat or not?

Hi joagri,

Thanks a lot for this information, really appreciated! The how-to-remove guide is very helpful too, I’ve never done such a thing but I’ll try. Do you know if that’s possible to remove the files from the rom itself at any previous point?

I will also check if I can find the files in my FP1 rom (1.8.7), and maybe contact support to check if they are aware of the situation.

Thanks again everyone!

1 Like

I removed these two files from the rom itself before installation, no problem. Under Windows 7 double-click on the zip-file, go to /system/app and delete these files and close the rom-zip.