[UNOFFICIAL] Stock ROM Android 4.4.2/4.4.4 Kitkat for FP1 & FP1U

Thanks for your quick answer. I just tried the 2.6.1 version because first I used 2.7 experimental. But I still cannot get it to work. I guess I will have to wait until maybe Quallenauge takes another look at this.

Thanks so far…

Sorry, it may be kind of confusing, but I made v8 as an update from v7 (update of v5). Maybe it’s the stable version of xposed that matters, maybe it’s important to wipe cach and dalvik cache. After the update to v8 I didn’t reinstall xposed, just flashed the way as described above…

Yeah, that’s what I tried. The only difference is that I started with v7. I guess something that worked in v5 (maybe before the latest security patches) doesn’t work anymore in v7 and the zip from Quallenauge only fixes changes concerning a previously working xposed installation. Maybe there are additional steps neccessary for a new install of xposed.

Maybe I should try going back to v5, install xposed and then go back to v8…

1 Like

OK, I tried installing v4 and getting xposed to work. Not a chance so far.

Hi allz… I have also installed ROM Android 444 Kitkat on my FP1 (U). It works fine. any update in the ROM may kindly notify here. thanks in advance

0.9 implements android security bulletin: https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2015-12-01.html

Please update asap.

Chris
PS: You realize that you get security updates now even faster than Nexus OTAs?

7 Likes

damn you’re fast. Think it’s finally about time to switch from CM…

1 Like

From which CM? The FP1 CM? That is really outdated!

Chris

So next version would be 1.0. Are you really that far? Or do you have any benchmark (e.g. my ROM needs to do … and …, and then it is 1.0)?

Next version doesn’t have to be 1.0.

It could be 0.9.1 then 0.9.1.1 :wink:

I use the phone now as my daily driver for a days now and I don’t have major issuer.

I have noticed just recently

• a reboot during the day
  • a reboot during the update process
  • some slowness that made me reboot
  • some graphical artefact on the home screen that made me reboot

It might be due to the fact that …

• I switched to encryption
  • updated and broke stuff

But I think the phone is really usable now.

Chris

7 Likes

Would you like to post some screenshots?
Keep on to this track - the community loves it as you can see! Thanks a lot for your time!
Cheers, Robert

I think screenshot-wise there’s nothing special. It’s basically a normal Android 4.4.4.

I attached a screenshot with an empty homescreen (privacy reasons :wink: ).

I use the following:

Nova Launcher (Lollipop symbols activated in settings)
xposed framework with the following modules:
AcDisplay (for notifications and lockscreen)
GravityBox (for all kinds of tweaks, e.g. disable second SIM notification, clock centered, advanced reboot-menu)
Xstana (to modify statusbar icons)

Furthermore I use the really awesome Chronus widgets on my homescreen (not in screenshots) to display clock, weather and calendar events.

Is necessary to flash the image again to update?

To update, download the 0.9 zip to your phone. If you’re using Google Apps, there is also a new version:

http://opengapps.org/?api=4.4&variant=nano

Reboot to recovery and install first the 0.9 zip and then the GApps zip. Reboot. Done.

Keep in mind that there seem to be some new problems with 0.9: http://forum.xda-developers.com/fairphone/orig-development/rom-fairphone-fp1-kitkat-4-4-2-t3243623/page8

So maybe you want to wait a bit and see what’s going on before you update.

Chris, thanks a lot for all your efforts!

I installed 0.8 yesterday and it works fine. There is one issue that I encountered: my phone is not automatically reconnecting to stored wifi connections. Do other people have the same issue?

Or 0.10
Version numbers aren’t decimals.

2 Likes

I’ve been suspecting a slow-down for the same reason with my stock ROM. FP1 just doesn’t seem to be up to encrypting and decrypting everything on the fly.

0.9.1 released that fixes the Dilbert bug and plugs some CVEs in the kernel.

Chris

FYI: basketbuild hoster is down. uploading to androidfilehost right now.
ARG!!! Basketbuild is back just before uploading androidfilehost finished :slight_smile:

Anyway: here’s a mirror in case: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087016133

2 Likes

Encryption works - I use it now like this. It is slowing down a bit, yes, but it is still usable I would say.

Chris

2 Likes

This problem now appears to be solved

Firstly, a big thank you for your work on making this ROM and the instructions. I installed v0.9 yesterday and pretty much everything is working fine :smile:

The one problem I have is that I cannot pair the phone with my Garmin Vivoactive sports watch. The pairing has to be done via the Garmin Connect App: when I start the pairing, both devices go into ‘searching’ but they fail to find each other, and the pairing times out.

I wonder if you, or any others here, have any ideas what I could do to make the pairing work.

I have adb installed on my laptop, so I can get at logs on the phone: if anyone can tell me what to look for, or what to post here,that would be great. Thanks in advance for any help, and thanks again for a great job on the ROM

Regards

Pete

Later:
A bit more background:
1: the FP1 wIth the new ROM is successfully pairing with, and connecting to an iO PLAY2 Advanced Bluetooth handsfree car kit http://www.my-io.com/products/io-play2-overview/. (This worked with the original FP software as it is not BLE)
2: I have been using the Garmin successfully for several months with a Motorola Moto E phone. This is currently running Android 5.1, and previously ran 4.3 (I think. I know it was later than the original FP software). The Garmin worked fine with both versions
3: If I put the Garmin in pairing mode, then use ‘Settings | Bluetooth’ on the FP1, the Garmin is visible and, when I choose to pair, the pairing succeeds (after entering the 6 digit number displayed by the Garmin).

And finally, having connected via the phone’s Bluetooth Settings dialog, and powered down both devices a couple of times, the Garmin Connect app can now see the Vivoactive and sync with it. Everything sems to be working normally now. Sorry to have bothered you, and thanks again :smile:

4 Likes