[UNOFFICIAL] Stock ROM Android 4.4.2/4.4.4 Kitkat for FP1 & FP1U

@chrmhoffmann: I find it really awesome that you are taking your time to show us a possible future for updated Android on the FP1!
Some months ago it seemed a very sad and dying topic, but now I am highly encoured to follow your progress (even without having the possibility to help)!!
Keep on - I (we) like it!! Cheers, Robert

P.S.: Does it mean you bought a FP1 or got one from FP to test your builds?

1 Like

Both - the one I bought died. I am guessing something wrong with the USB plug.

Chris

But it was no official ā€œsponsoringā€ from FP (which I would highly appreciate)?

And in one sentence, how you would now rate the future-proofness of the FP1 after your recent succes to port 4.4.2.? Are you optimistic (from the software-point of view)?

Great that you are in the FP-boat!

Yes, it was somehow official sponsoring. They sent me an FP1U unit - after my own one broke down.

I have troubles fixing the remaining instabilities. But I have some hopeā€¦ After 4.4.x it will be really difficult as there is definitly no MTK support at all for this chipset AFAIK.

Chris

6 Likes

But IMHO 4.4.x would be a very nice end-state for this phone.

2 Likes

I just want to share the current Android History Plot from Wikipedia, to which I added the FP1+FP2 release dates (approx.)
Without any comments from my side for the moment ā€¦
Cheers, Robert

6 Likes

Any chance you are going to open source your build files along with build instructions?

7 Likes

0.7 releasedā€¦

Changelog fp1-kk444-CH-0.7:

• National roaming should be fixed (at least as good as CM). If you still have issue with national roaming, send me your mmc/mmn data.
  • Try original FP1 lens parameters for fm50af lens
  • Attempt to fix the problem where sometimes the scrollbar and recents screen stopped working.
8 Likes

Full CTS result for version 0.7:
https://christianhoffmann.info/2015.11.29_16.17.03/testResult.xml

Chris

3 Likes

On 4.4.4-0.5 I confirm all the previous @ralf_xda 4 issues.
I also add Xposed framework gives me a compatibility alert so I didnā€™t install it yet (on 4.4.2 it worked quite well).
Iā€™ll try 0.7 ASAP :smile:

Thank you very much @chrmhoffmann for your great work!

+DjDas how did it go with 0.7?

1 Like

Didnā€™t flash yet, but it seems the problem with the screen timeout and sometimes with the status bar not expanding to see the notifications is linked with the missing lock screen.
I didnā€™t understand yet why the lock screen ceases to appear (I use only sliding for unlocking but I tried also with pattern), but when I turn on the phone and it doesnā€™t appear it seems the screen timeout is the same as if it was still on the lock screen (few seconds); then, after this using the device a bit (browsing the web or reading the email), the timeout restores at the one configured (as if the screen was ā€œunlockedā€).
I canā€™t provide logcats nor a reproducible use case, but I want to try 0.7 before further investigations :smile:
Thank you very much, bye!

I am on v7 and the only issue so far is the camera, it only shows 6,2 Mp max. Lockscreen timeout seems fixed. Xposed is ok with the zip-file by Quallenauge.
Great work!!! Thanks a lot
Joachim

Ohh nice, I really need to check this out.
Hopefully I can find some time next week to install this on my FP1.

1 Like

@chrmhoffmann: it seems the lock screen issue is fixed! :slight_smile: and as I supposed even the screen off timeout issue disappeared, so I think they were linked together :smile:
Thank you very much!

The default camera app is a bit misleading. For some reason, the MTK guys have used ā€œPreview sizeā€ (also in other translations) for something called pref_camera_picturesize_ratio_title that defines the picture ratio (16:3, 4:3).

This means you have to go to the camera settings->Preview Size and change it to ā€œStandard (4:3)ā€ and then you can see the 8MP in the ā€œPicture sizeā€ menu.

Or just use another camera app.

Chris

7 Likes

0.8 is up. It fixes the problem that the google location services did not run. And thus location was not working very well (apart from GPS).

Chris

7 Likes

Everything runs well, thankā€™s a lot for your excellent work. - great-
Joachim

1 Like

@joagri

You said, xposed works for you with the fix from Quallenauge. I tried the same but canā€™t get xposed to work. How exactly did you do it?

I got the xposed installer from here: http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer
I installed the apk. Then I downloaded the latest zip from Quallenauge in the xda-thread. Reboot to recovery, apply zip.

But xposed still does not work. It looks like this:

I used the version 2.6.1 (de.robv.android.xposed.installer_v32_de4f0d.apk ). Then rebooted into recovery , wiped cache and dalvik-cache, then installed the latest zip from Quallenauge.
Maybe itā€™s important that I first installed the version 05 from chrmhoffmann, then open-gapps-arm-4.4-nano-20151118.zip, booted, installed de.robv.android.xposed.installer_v32_de4f0d.apk, rebooted into recovery and then flashed the latest zip from Quallenauge.
Then I booted into recovery, wiped cache and dalvik-cache, installed version 08, then then open-gapps-arm-4.4-nano-20151118.zip again, then the zip from Quallenauge.
I do not really know but everything works now this way. I guess you have to try outā€¦
Good luckā€¦

1 Like