[UNOFFICIAL] Stock ROM Android 4.4.2/4.4.4 Kitkat for FP1 & FP1U

Okay! It often helps to track down a bug … so if you find the time, play around with logcat and adb shell, so you know how to use the tools if you need them! From how I understand/read you, it looks to me like the problem only occurs after using the device for sometime.

Hi @Stefan… [quote=“Stefan, post:214, topic:10788”]
Bad Things

[cosmetic] When I connect the phone in MTP-mode to my Windows 7, it shows up as ahong89_wet_jb2.
[/quote] … I had also the same issue but later, I installed Jurassic Android software in my PC / Laptop. Connect your FP to the PC enabling USB debugging on and MTP mode. when computer recognizes the FP you can run Jurassic Android software and click on dump. In this portion You will see dump file to be written / changed. You can change Phone model, Phone name etc. and then flash it. the phone restart automitically. I hope this will rename the FP. sorry for poor English and also sorry to @chrmhoffmann for changing his phone name

Heumm… I kind have a problem… I installed the latest version but SU disappeared! applications that already had su access are ok but the other ones ask me and I can’t press on “allow”. What did I do wrong? (and by the way it’s the same with my rooted FP2).

Did the su binary disappear or can’t you just press “allow”? Can you give an example what you were trying to achieve? What app? What function? FP1 and FP2 are very different software-wise, I don’t think there is a connection.

I can’t press “allow”. For example for ES Explorer…

Is the button greyed out, or does it just not respond?
Also, I vaguely remember that installing apps from apks didn’t work if you have screen brightness apps such as Lux or Twilight running, or openwlanmap - as a ‘security feature’. Not sure whether this extended to being able to grant root (or not), but if you’re running anything like that it may be worth disabling those apps to check.

2 Likes

I think you’re right… Apparently it is twilight’s fault… Weird though isn’t it?

1 Like

I´m glad to find this thread and the possibility update my Fairphone to Android 4.4.4…
Unfortunately I haven´t read the whole topic…my Fitbit Tracker doesn´t work (as someone of you describes). The only reason why I want to update my phone.
Is there someone, who find I way to fix this? (Tracker was identified in Bluetooth but cannot connected)

Thanks,
Mooloo

Hi Mooloo
I have a Garmin Vivoactive which uses Bluetooth LE and I cannot get it to connect reliably. I’m not sure whether the problem is in the Garmin or the phones Bluetooth stack. I suspect the former. I keep trying as new new versions appear.
This was originally the only reason I updated my phone, but I’m glad I did as, apart from the Bluetooth problem, I think it is great software.
I’m sorry I can’t give you better news.
Regards
Pete

1 Like

Hmm here we go again… phone’s very slow, Frozen game stops every time… I haven’t changed anything, so I don’t know what’s wrong…

How can you help?

I guess you will have to provide a bit more info. I assume the game is “Frozen Bubble”? Can you log into the phone while you play the the game and have a look at the log files? Can you find out what keeps the phone busy?

Frozen free fall :wink:

How do I log to see what’s keeping my phone busy?

@chrmhoffmann After my small report, I was wondering, if you can include a libart.so into your build. I’d like to find out, if using ART would speed up multitasking in comparison with Dalvik.

(The app switcher comes up slowish, after pressing the left hardware button (I changed the key layout, as described here.)

No seriously… how can I find out what’s keeping my phone very busy and hence slowing it down?

There is no guide for that yet, I’m sorry. Mostly it will help if you setup the phone so that you can access it using adb. With that you can run some commands on the phone (adb shell) to check how its resources are being used and also have a look at the logs (adb logcat). But so far nobody has written a guide for this yet. :frowning:

Alternatively, OSMonitor provides enough information to do some basic checks.

1 Like

There are also some logcat apps.

0.9.5 released.
Changelog:

Changelog fp1-kk444-CH-0.9.5 (you might want to check if there are new gapps here as you need to flash them again at same time: http://opengapps.org/):

8 Likes

Installed and tested by installing it through adb sideload fp1-kk444-CH-0.9.5.zip as described. Update worked well. Xposed reinstalled nicely through the updater again, microG still works as well.

Fixed links:
Android Security Updates from Google bulletin 1-MAR-2016

1 Like

Thanks for this rom.

Installed and tested 3 days ago. No problem and all my applications wok fine.

Thanks a lot for all the work!!!