[UNOFFICIAL] Stock ROM Android 4.4.2/4.4.4 Kitkat for FP1 & FP1U

Uhm I don’t know, I didn’t try the ZIP on phones other than my FP1U so I can’t tell anything about.
For sure if the recovery software needs a signed ZIP it won’t work, this is why I was able to create it (and other ZIPs for personal purposes) only after flashing CWM.
Good luck! :slightly_smiling:

I have cyanogen mod 13 on my samsung… what do you think? should I try?

It’s based on the pretty old Launcher2 so I’m pretty sure it will work with a S3. But maybe it uses some MTK only feature in the background (don’t think so, but I saw a mediatek-framework somewhere, but searching through the git I don’t see it being used).

Best way to find out? Use adb (install|uninstall) and just create a backup before.

Well, I created the ZIP only because I wanted the Launcher to be a system app, but you can simply extract the APK from the ZIP, copy to your phone and install as a normal app, if it doesn’t work simply uninstall it.
Bye! :slightly_smiling:

0.9.4 released.

Changelog:

2 Likes

Thank you.

HOWTO links updated.

For the click lazy
Android Security Updates from Google bulletin 1-FEB-2016
Kernel CVE CVE-2015-8785

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Escalating root privileges: critical MediaTek vulnerability

So… explanation for dummies… what should I do? if anything? :neutral_face:

Just as usual. Download the latest version of the rom and the latest version of OpenGApps and flash both of them (first the rom, then GApps) from recovery (install zip or sideloading). I always clear the cache. Reboot. Done. (+optional: I have to reinstall Xposed and activate AdAway).

1 Like

So, now I installed it too on my FP1 :slightly_smiling:
Perfect, thank you!!!

What I did (I have an mac):

Install Homebrew:
Put in Termianl:
/usr/bin/ruby -e “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)”

Install adb:
Put in Termianl:
brew install android-platform-tools

Enable USB-Debugging on the Phone.
Connect Phone to mac. (You have to choose USB-Storage, not charge only)
Copy recovery.img, fp1-kk444-CH-XXX.zip and open_gapps-arm-4.4-XXX.zip (downloaded from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/fairphone/orig-development/rom-fairphone-fp1-kitkat-4-4-2-t3243623) to the sdcard
Put in Termianl:
adb devices
su
dd if=/storage/sdcard1/recovery.img of=/dev/recovery
sync
exit
exit
adb reboot recovery

Then I installed in the recovery from sdcard the fp1-kk444-CH-XXX.zip
Then I did a factory reset
Reboot
Shutdown phone
Boot to recovery (Hold louder and power)
Then I installed in the recovery from sdcard the open_gapps-arm-4.4-XXX.zip
Reboot
Install Xposed from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64063168&postcount=62

Install Xprivacy

Thank you again!

Will I lose my data?

Yes, because I did a factory reset.
Do not now if this is needed…
But with a Backup this was no problem for me…

Ah sorry,
In this case you will not lose any data.
Normally

I’ve just managed to install @chrmhoffmann’s Kitkat. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1. Complete Backup (Titanium Backup, Photos, CWM backup everything)
  2. Sideload fp1-kk444-CH-0.9.4.zip
  3. At the first boot, after 2 minutes this appeared:

:smiley:

Calling works, everything else too so far. I’ll be restoring apps one by one from my Titanium Backup (Davdroid sync works flawlessly).

I’ll report back, if I run into obstacles! :smiley:

Edit Day 1:

###Good Things

• I did not loose my IMEIs! :smiley: (I was coming from stock FP1X (a beta release).)
  • @chrmhoffmann: KitKat/ your ROM has App Permission management? :smirk: Is it different from XPrivacy? Do I need XPrivacy in addition?
  • shutting down and booting up are incredibly fast (under 5 seconds) OK, after installation of XPosed from here and GravityBox [KK] boot up is as slow as ever…

###Bad Things

• [cosmetic] When I connect the phone in MTP-mode to my Windows 7, it shows up as ahong89_wet_jb2.
  • [cosmetic] The SMS app is called “Benachrichtigungen” now (which means notifications) instead of SMS or “Nachrichten”.
  • [cosmetic] The big G/3G on top next to the connection quality indicators irritate me. I hope I can do away with this with GravityBox.
4 Likes

Yes, GravityBox has an option to hide the network type. Furthermore you can try the Xposed module Xstana. It allows you to change the style of the status bar icons.

1 Like

Hey,

I’m also a blau.de customer (E-Plus) and installed your great ROM at version 0.9.4.
Unfortunately your fix do not work for me. It jumps everytime back to the roaming mode. At the APN settings the username and password was “eplus” instead of “blau”. I changed it but with no positive result … so GravityBox is my temporary fix.

Hi,

Do you know if CM supports blau.de - with whatever phone?

Chris

Yeah CM supports definitely blau.de because I installed last week a CM ROM on a HTC Sensation XL with a blau.de SIM in it. Blau.de using since last year not only the E-Plus but also the O² network (because of the fusion to Telefónica). So the problem is that everytime my phone wants to connect to the O² network (262 07/08/11) it goes into the roaming mode. A solution is maybe to edit the spn-conf.xml and add the new IMSIs (262 03/05/07/08/11/77 --> source).

Are you using the first or second sim card?

I noticed that sometimes the 2nd one shows R (and after reboot it works
from time to time).

Chris

I don’t know what happened… I didn’t change anything and my phone started slowing down again and can’t connect to my wifi at home… these are symptoms that were corrected with the new ROM. I don’t get it…