Unlocking a sim locked Fairphone

I have a Fairphone 3 on contract from a provider, it ends soon, and I want to unlock it so that I can change supplier.

1 Like

Normally your provider should give you the code to unlock your phone at the end of the contract.
To make sure that your phone is locked, I would try to borrow a sim from somebody who has another provider to make sure that your phone is locked.

8 Likes

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

If your phone is locked, make sure the code you get from the provider applies to both sim slots.

To my knowledge, Fairphones do never have any SIM lock. You can simply put another SIM card in and it would work out of the box.

2 Likes

Maybe that’s if they are bought direct from Fairphone or a reseller. But once a carrier sells it as a package with a monthly contract etc, maybe they do the dirty on the phone :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help everyone, I have it sorted now.

1 Like

This post was originally entitled “Unlock codes for sim” which might be misinterpreted. It is about unlocking a sim locked Fairphone.

To avoid any confusion I have changed the title for clarity.

Glad you got it sorted :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.