Trying to install /e/ on my Fairphone 3+ via "easy installer"

Hello,

I´ve tried to install /e/ on my fairphone 3+, following the detailed description provided with the “easy installer” tool.

I´ve carried out each step successfully but after the (also successful) OEM-Unlock option a re-boot into the bootloader indicates that the device status is still “locked”, and I cannot proceed with the installation.

I´ve re-checked the OEM-Unlock flag several times (with re-generated IMEI/Serial) successfully, but the boot loader always shows me a “locked device”-Status.

I don´t know what´s wrong and why the device is always locked in the boot loader.

What can I do now?

Just to make sure: you mean you have enabled the OEM unlock in the developer options?
That is not the actual unlock. It just allows you to do the unlock.

If you say you cannot proceed, does that mean the installer hangs in a screen like this?

As that is a typical problem when installing using a Windows PC I assume you’re on Windows. Is that correct?

In short: if you are on Windows and that’s the screen where you can’t proceed, here is the most likely solution: [HOWTO] Fairphone 3/3+ stuck in fastboot/bootloader mode with the Easy Installer on Windows - HOWTOs - /e/OS community

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.