Tools to remote control a FP2?

I will soon be maintaining an old friend’s FP2 remotely. For the same person and an Android tablet I have used in the past services like TeamViewer or Airdroid.
An extra constraint is, my computers now runs Linux (which seemingly breaks Teamviewer midway of the connection).
I am running tests on the FP2, before offering it, so I can try anything for now.
I just tried Airdroid which, well, does only what it says it will : showing the remote screen, but without interaction.

I am wondering whether more open software, like VNC, would do the job in my case.

I briefly explored F-Droid but only found client, not servers, and I would need some help…
Any experience in the field would be very precious!

Any advice?
Thank you!

I just installed a version of TeamViewer on my Fedora 29 installation, and this seems to run fine (64bit rpm package)

2 Likes

SDN VPN such as ZeroTier or WireGuard might be useful. If you’re sufficient with CLI you could use OpenSSH Server. Otherwise a XRDP server might be sufficient. Have a look at https://askubuntu.com/questions/414189/how-to-remotely-control-my-android

If you’re using Android, then any guide for remote controlling Android would work on FP2 as well.

1 Like

Very cool JeroenH -I converged on WebKey for now, found in the article you pointed. I’m also trying VNC while Id’ prefer one that I could find elsewhere than on the Google store, but at least WebKey does comply to this wish, and fully does the job :slight_smile:
Thanks again!
H.
Iklaus : I believe the trouble is due to my Ubuntu installation, that is almost fossil and whose successive updates left in a bad state. My long-term goal is to restart cleany, but this will require time… Thank you anyway : you convinced me to do this cleanup :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.