Thoughts on future privacy

Not meaning to provoke a large discussion but given there are a number of users that have expressed privacy concerns, for example having de-googled phones, it all seems a bit like closing the barn door after the horse has bolted.

The reason I have brought this up is due to reading an article today which states that Apple is going to scan phones for ‘abusive’ images.

The likely consequence being that other phone software developers will have to follow suit as it may well become the expected and a lawful requirement.

And then of course there is the range of what is termed abusive, some issue will be globally set others by region.

Welcome to the 21C core module, soon to be incorporated in all IoT devices :slight_smile:

Personally I don’t mind the lack of privacy, I don’t have anti stuff that I have to hide.

However I do keep away from google so as not to add to the data pile of sh^te that is using increasing resources to store, OH! and so I don’t get content adverts messing with my head.

1 Like

Further opinions, statements on the Apple plans.

The safest search engine in the world

Form your own opinion

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: /e/ for FP3 (Google free OS)

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.