šŸ‘¼ The Fairphone Angels Program (Local support by community members) - Offers and questions

Iā€™ve tried to handle the backlog of the Angels program. If you have the feeling that something is not handled yet, please shout! :smiley: :mega:

4 Likes

Hi all
I have been using the Fairphone 2 for over three years now and gained some experience and knowledge about the phone. I would like to volunteer as a Fairphone Angel. I live in Aarau, Switzerland but work/study in ZĆ¼rich. Therefore I would like to join the Fairphone Heaven in ZĆ¼rich and/or start a new one in Aarau

9 Likes

Welcome! Iā€™ve added you to the Angels and to a PM where we can discuss further details. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello there,
How do you determine if a Heaven is active?
For example, I havenā€™t got any info from the community in Barcelona for a long time. So either itā€™s not an active comm or Iā€™m missing out!:sweat_smile:

We have contacted the responsible Fairphone Angel and will see if everything is up and running. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Neus,

My name is Laurent and IĀ“m the angel for Barcelona.
IĀ“m answering and helping people with their questions and put them in touch with someone that can repair their phones when needed.
But I must say I donĀ“t have enough time to organise events or workshops so I havenĀ“t.

But if there are people interested we can try to meet up and see what happens. IĀ“ve seen some people might have been interested to meet up from this thread:

Let me know.
Laurent

6 Likes

Hi,ich bin der Jens (noch 48Jahre) aus Steinbach-Hallenberg/ThĆ¼ringen und ich mƶchte gerne Teil der Fairphone Angels fĆ¼r ThĆ¼ringen werden.

1 Like

Hey, ich werde dich gleich zu den Angels aufnehmen. :slight_smile:

Hi,
I am new to this forum, fairphone angels etc.
I am based near Leeds, happy to pop to London (will be there in 2 weeks) - and my phone is suffering from the effects of getting drenched in the rain. At the time I was camping so delayed any action. Currently it is in rice. I tried it a few days ago, it turns on, gets a few notifications, then turns itself off.

I presume because the phone got wet it is not in warranty, otherwise it is only 3 months old.

What can I do, how do I get it fixed? I have not the spare brain cells to fix it myself atm.

All the best, Alice

Please take it out asap and read the waterwiki.

3 Likes

rice and phone now separated! thanks.

Hi Alice,

Welcome to the forum! Iā€™m not a water damage expert Iā€™m afraid, so I donā€™t have any further advice for you.

You could try contacting Fairphone Angel Chris, who lives up in Leeds.

Best of luck!

Hi @anthony - thanks for your reply. how do I contact Chris? I would love to chat with someone near by.

Just zoom into the map in the very first post to find the e-mail address that is nearest to you ā€“ or have a look at this list (it is linked to right over the map, too).

My region was not on there. So, I took a punt at one of the Chris names on the forum and struck lucky, so I am now in touch with a local angel (that sounds so odd!).

It is in the list, North England.

Yep, you should have mentioned @Chris_R. :wink:

Salut @Antoine ,

Comment Ƨa va?! Je suis trĆØs contente dā€™avoir trouvĆ© ton contact sur le forum fairphone Ć  propos des fairphone angels! Voila jā€™ai un petit souci, jā€™ai achetĆ© un fairphone 2 jusque lĆ  tout va bien. Mais il y a deux choses: quand jā€™insĆØre ma carte sim, juste en haut Ć  gauche de la batterie, le telephone ne la reconnait pasā€¦ Jā€™ai une carte sim virgin, et mon forfait est sfr(cā€™est la carte de avant de passer de virgin Ć  sfr en fait) Est ce que tu crois que cā€™est Ć  cause de Ƨa?
Merci beaucoup de ton aide,

Alice

2 Likes

hello every one,
I would like to became an fairphone angel!
Iā€™m living in Marseille and toulon /France

2 Likes

Great!
Tell us a bit about yourself :slight_smile:
In what area do you live, and have you already been to a community event?

I see youā€™re from France, Iā€™m sure there are also french speaking people here, if youā€™re not so fluent in English :slight_smile:
(Traduction:
Je vois que vous venez de France, je suis sĆ»r quā€™il y a aussi des francophones ici, si vous ne parlez pas si bien lā€™anglais :slight_smile:)

4 Likes