Telemetry, Spyware, list of privacy threats on FP3 Android 9

I can’t deliver evidence because I do not use the provided OS. But it was already confirmed from rae.
You having no idea what data fairphone collects is not in favor of fairphone, it shows the problem and that’s what local and EU law is for.

On the other hand, if you can show me that you phone does not collect without notice and agreement its all good.
Right now a non consensual data collection is confirmed, or do you have evidence against that?
Honest question as I do not know what is done when setting up the stock OS :thinking:

Exactly my point I don’t know, and now you agree that you don’t know. In this case there is no indication that any data collection is illegal.

I don’t have favourites and little interest in the data collection Fairphone do. My involvement in this topic was try and discover what threat, real or otherwise, was being targetted by @Dosenheini

According to Dosenheini one issue came to location details. From my understanding if I enable GPS my location is grabbed for many applications which may or may not be to disadvantage but that doesn’t mean the collection is illegal though it may be illegal under certain circumsatnce to share such location details.

If the location is just by attena reception it is too vague to worry about.

So the question may arise that I enable GPS and software engineers in Taiwan have access to my location, Fairphone maybe able to access the location info and tie it to my account.

But I’m not sure that my location is personal data that identifies me with the scope of that act as I am already identified by Fairphone and my network given I have a business contract with them.

They have no more information to identify me, unlike a tracker on Google with whom I have personal data stored other than via websites.

And to emphasise the notion that someone should be deemed innocent until proven guilty there is no evidence as each us has affirmed so the favour does go to Fairphone by default ~ that is the law.

Last reply as you seem to have a problem with logic.
Data is collected.
If data is collected you need consent.
If data is collected in secrecy without consent it violates EU and depending on your Country those laws.

:confused:
If you can show the screen where you

• confirmed that you share data with fairphone
  • have the option as opt-in
  • have access to your data
    then there is proof that it is legal.

Right now there is only information by sniffing what the device sends
(because the collection happened secretly)
and the conformation of Fairphone that is indeed collecting data.
(see raes post)

You still have not delivered proof that you have seen a consent form at installation or upgrading.

OK this may well be my last comments given you feel it necessary to be terse.

1. Data is collected. Agreed

2. If data is collected you need consent Well here is a simple matter of disagreement not a matter of logic as you assert.

Data collection is not illegal.
Some data collection may require consent.

If that’s illogical I’m very a happy to be the idiot here :slight_smile:
Have fun. :partying_face:

Spies or paranoids each to their own and complimentary at that.

By the way I am not suggesting you are paranoid or that you are a spy but both like to keep secrets as do I.

In terms of law something has to have evidence and a judgement to be illegal. An assertion that an act is illegal does not make it make so. I am not the judge or jury and I have no evidence, just hearsay.

I assert the innocent moral being not the multifaceted ethical ones. Guilt is in the mind of the judge it is neither moral nor logical.

The support email that corvuscorax got explained:

User data is linked to the IMEI which is directly linked to the name in the fairphone billing server and nobody knows where else.

Therefore in violation with

https://dejure.org/gesetze/DSGVO/7.html

EU law is similar, local implementation can be different.

If you are not from Germany or outside the EU you have to find you own laws, IANAL

@formerFP.Com.Manager
Have you managed to changed your process to a more law conforming way?

Thank you for your post. I have already used some advice. I wanted to ask you if it is possible to find and delete hidden apps especially hidden spy apps such as described here [link redacted] from Android?

If you suspect something like the apps linked to be installed you can check with a firewall app and look for suspicious connections. Once you know which app is installed you can look up how they disguise (for example mSpy is “Update Service”) and remove them.
Regular Spyware can also be removed by reinstalling the System.
If the FairPhone spyware is still in use this will not help because it would get reinstalled with the stock OS.