Support request not answered yet

My phone is totally dead as of last night. I’ve tried all the suggestions on the forum and it’s deader than ever! It won’t boot up and it won’t charge. All it will do is (sometimes) flash the red LED if I hold the USB connector firmly in the socket.

I’ve lodged a support request and got ticket #115677; since then I’ve posted additional information about the failure against the ticket.

I think I need a new bottom module (with the USB socket) if FP could send me one it might sort the problem out quickly… of course it could be something else, but worth a try surely?

Much as it pains me to buy slave made disposable tech … I’ll have to buy a replacement phone to keep my business running … my collection of ancient Nokias and Android 3 smartish phones are not doing the job. I love my FP2 and I want it back … please

(though at least I’m not on holiday with all my travel documents on it!!)

We certainly are, and thanks for your interest :relaxed:

Hi Charlotte, I have just sent you a reply. Let me know what you think! Greets, Michiel

Hey Nicka! I would like to help you out, but your ticketnumber (115677) does not yield any result in our system. Can you check if this is really the correct number, or possibly submit a new one and let me know the number? Have a nice evening, Michiel

Hi Michael,

This one ( cut and pasted from your web site)

# 115677 FP2 will not charge its battery

Yesterday at 11:32 PM

Open

Let me know if you still can't find it and I'll resubmit.

Thanks

Nick arran

Good morning @anon48893843

May I kindly ask you to look into ticket #115698? I have good reasons to believe that this is a hardware issue. If my problem is really a hardware issue, I would appreciate to initiate the exchange this week if possible.

Thank you very much & best regards,
root

@anon48893843: I just wanted to thank you for your efforts publicly also. Once I actually received an answer everything went very smooth and my phone is up and running again!

Cheers,
Andi

1 Like

@anon48893843
Thanks Michiel_S. After posting in this thread my ticket was answered very quick, and the new camera module seems to be on its way.Thank you!
It’s just strange, that contacting FP via the support page didn’t seem to produce any result.
Whatever mysterious “unexpected” problems you are encountering with the support system, I hope you can sort them out.
Good luck with that, thanks again
Alex

Hey Nick, found it! I don’t know why I couldn’t yesterday, but anyway. I’m making sure you will receive feedback from us today.

Glad to hear that, thanks again for your patience :smile:

Thanks Alex, we are working on improvements, but it takes some time…

Cheers,

Your colleague sietse already contacted me.

Rumours of slow support are apparently incorrect!

Many thanks

1 Like

Hello , please @anon48893843 have a look at urgent support ticket #114021.
sadly FP2 is no longer usable . front microphone is no longer working and I’m relying on the speaker to communicate - hardly a solution. what was initially thought to be a software issue seems to be a hardware one . I have tried hard resetting , reinstalling module and generally spending far too much time searching for a fix.
I have tried to get in touch with your 3rd party distributer in the UK , CoOp for an exchange but they would not be dealing with any technical issues . i can sort of ignore the malfunctioned sensor and whatever bugs im having but with unusable mic this writes the phone off comopletly . Id really appreciate your prompt reply on this . thanks and dahnk oo vel . :palm_tree:

I’m currently waiting for a response to #113162, a request to send my FP2 in for repairs. I realise that you’re all very busy, but would be most grateful if someone, @anon48893843 perhaps, could take a look at it so we can get the repair process started.

Many thanks in advance.

I’m waiting for a response to request #111683 since June, 21st. My phone is barely usable anymore due to a degrading/malfunctioning touch screen. In addition, the phone started rebooting randomly since one week (three times up to now). I got my fairphone at 31st December…
Can you look into it @anon48893843 ?

Thanks in advance!

Hello @anon48893843

May I kindly ask you to look into ticket #115698? I have good reasons to believe that this is a hardware issue.

Thank you very much & best regards,
root

Hi there!
My ticket is#115032, could someone act on this please? @anon48893843

I got a VAT bill for my second FP2 (which was sent to me as a replacement of my first, DOA one, so covered by warranty). Fairphone has issued a wrong invoice, stating a price of 437.50 EUR (when the phone was actually free), so DHL paid duty on this price and asks it back from me.
In order to cancel the bill with the Swiss customs office, I need written proof by Fairphone that it was a free replacement under warranty. But time is ticking… there’s only a few days left to appeal, and Fairphone support hasn’t deemed this issue worthy of a reply yet. I’m not willing to pay those 60 CHF to be honest.

Answer please? Thanks!

If it is very urgent, I would suggest to give them a call. That’s maybe safer: since it is Friday, maybe no one will look anymore into the forum until Monday.

Thank you! I did indeed try to call, but no one answered… Anyway if they actually do answer on Monday that should work. Let’s hope :slight_smile:

Hello hello,
my ticket number is #114965, so I am sure I am not the one who has been waiting for the longest time, which is why I feel kind kind of sheepish for writing in that forum without having waited for at least a fortnight.
Nevertheless, I can’t use my phone anymore because the touchscreen isn’t responding properly or sometimes it is just running wild, opening and closing apps, pictures etc. - a problem that is shared by others, as I have learned now.
I have to be easy-to-reach and I rely on my phone heavily, especially in the upcoming four weeks. I hope this post will speed up the repair process becuase I really do have to send in my phone since none of the tutorials and tipps on this website have helped me.
I read through all the posts in this thread and I have learned that @anon48893843 is working to keep up with the support requests, but the support team seems to have been understaffed for at least the last five months, so please hire some people to prevent the fairphone community from becoming frustrated and alienated!