🇩🇪 🇬🇧 Stuttgart Fairphoners Meetings / Treffen / Community

We had the biggest turnout yet yesterday - 14 Fairphoners squeezed together at a table for 7. It was very cosy, as the café had lost the calender-page with our reservation.
I talked a bit about Android 7, gave life to old FP1s from my spare parts-box and generally had a great time.

(fltr: @Kerku, @WernerRoman, Emmanuel, @Michael_Weber, @Friek, @Ryuno-Ki, Felix, John-Edouard, Sabine, @OliverW, @Patrick1, @Flamingo, Joa, @gitbreaker222.

The table was littered with all things Fairphone:

… and we hat shots on the house! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Wooo! Fabulastic! :star_struck:

And what a great mix. Fairphone is a Generationenhaus :+1:

3 Likes

Yes, indeed!

It was a very positive impression for me attending my first community meeting.
Different generations sharing the same values and having a comfortable evening in a cosy atmosphere. :+1:
I enjoyed having a talk to such open and friendly individuals.

Hopefully all have reached their destination well and I am looking forward to our next opportunity.

6 Likes

Sustainable Stuttgart

5 Likes

Hallo liebe Fairphoner,

für alle die in Stuttgart wohnen und sich für Nachhaltigkeit einsetzten möchten: Für den Stuttgarter Bürgerhaushalt habe ich einen Vorschlag zur Förderung von Mehrweg- statt Einweggeschirr bei öffentlichen Veranstaltungen eingereicht: https://www.buergerhaushalt-stuttgart.de/vorschlag/50006

Wenn ihr den Vorschlag gut findet, würde ich mich freuen, wenn ihr für ihn abstimmen und den Link in eurem Bekanntenkreis teilen würdet. Bei genügend Stimmen muss sich der Gemeinderat damit befassen und stimmt der Idee dann hoffentlich zu.

Danke für eure Unterstützung
Johannes

2 Likes

Vielleicht auch interessant für dich:

2 Likes

Hallo liebe Stuttgart-Community, das nächste Meetup steht fest. Ich freue mich auf eure rege Teilnahme.

3 Likes

Posting just to push…

3 Likes

I’m eager to hear and see (!) how it went! :slight_smile:

[Friek let me know she cannot post in this topic right now because she posted three successive comments/actions in it, so I’m mainly posting here to break her spell :wink: ]

5 Likes

Our 8th meeting was on a lovely sunny evening… At our peak, we were around 10 FPers… one even came from Karlsruhe (80 Kms away). Another FPer brought a bag of lovely pralines:

I had contacted Fairphone, if we could maybe receive a FP3 to look at and…

we got one!!! (Thanks to @Monica.Ciovica)
As soon as the phone was out of the box and switched on… it was switched of and opened. We had a presentation model with 12 screws and it took quite some time.

Some of the little screws wanted to stay in the phone… so I had to do some coaxing:

Some readers asked for fotos taken with the FP3here they are:

Here we are (fltr): @madguitar, @OliverW, @Friek, ?, ?, @2be_2last, Markus, @Joh, @Patrick1, @patrick_Ger und Sabine.

I’m looking forward to our next meetup in November. I’ve opened a dudle unitl the end of September to find a date.

9 Likes

Very nice setting and group :slight_smile:

And great to see not just the next generation Fairphone, but also the next generation of Fairphoners is already there :+1:

2 Likes

Are those the FP headphones?
They look a bit different than the one’s on the pictures I have seen so far:

Edit:
That’s not the FP3 with the hole in it, where a cable-tie was put through? Or ist it?
I checked the pictures of the FP3 and don’t see any such hole.

My package included the same kind of earphones and I assume it’s not the announced Fairphone earphones. I carefully checked if the cable was detachable and with moderate force, it was not. I didn’t want to try harder though.

Regarding the phone on the table … Friek wrote right above that picture that it’s taken with the FP3, so I guess that answers your question.

Silly me. :blush:
You are right of course.
And if I get it right, it’s no phone, but a waka-waka power+.
Maybe an opportunity to link to two older threads on their solar powerbanks :wink: :

Hi,
as the FP3 we received was a prototype, the headphones were not those from the presenation. We also tried to disconnect the cable and were sure we could accomplish this… the question was, if the cable could be reconnected :slight_smile:

5 Likes

During our meeting @Friek managed to get this beauty of a “still life” arranged.

Actually it also shows a meeting of 3 generations with the corresponding companions aside.
Tasty sweets were luring…:yum:

(Taken with a FP2 camera 1st gen. modified [cropped+brightness+contrast])

8 Likes

das bin ich auch :slight_smile:
Es hat mir jedes Mal sehr gefreut mich mit Euch auszutauschen und vielen lieben Dank dass @Friek mir die Mutterkarte damals ausgetauscht hat und kürzlich Markus Koala 1.8 wieder gebootet hat :pray:

3 Likes

Der Termin für das nächste Treffen steht fest! Es wird der 11.11… Wieder im Weltcafé.
Hier findet ihr das Facebook-Event

5 Likes

Noch knapp zwei Wochen, dann treffen wir uns wieder! (kleiner Push nach oben)

2 Likes