Speaker too loud since update to android 6

I have the same problem. The in-call volume is way to high since the upgrade, even on the lowest possible setting.
Everybody in the same room with me can hear every word spoken on the other end.
And when I use headphones my eardrums nearly rupture.

In butracker you can find that FP SW developers are working on that problem. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am still experiencing this problem. My Fairphone is running with the newest software version. Is it about to get fixed soon? It’s so annoying…

Link to Bugtracker: https://bugtracker.fairphone.com/project/fairphone-fairphone-os-android-6/issue/47

2 Likes

Same problem, what is the solution? Can’t seem to find it (new to this forum so no idea where to look ;-))

When I am in call with certain people (whose phones have a high output level) the volume of the normal speaker (when I put the phone to my ear) is far too loud even when switched to the lowest level. It sometimes even hurts - and I’m used to loud stuff.
This happens since the android 6 update (on android 5 the level was too low for some people - me included).

We hear you, and we’re investigating the issue. We hope to include a fix with proper calibration in a future update.

8 Likes

I hope there will be a solution soon, otherwise you might get Problem with the otologist’s guild :unamused:

The last update did not fix this. For me, this is a major issue - it makes phone calls very unpleasant, I even try to avoid them using my fairphone. I have a phone that I cannot really use as a phone in a regular way? The speaker often is so loud, everyone around can (and actually has) to hear the caller as well. I would be great to hear more about the plans to resolve this issue or suggestions on a solution.

2 Likes

I have FPOpen 17.06.4. Pleas fix it, i cant put the phone on my ears its too loud.

Volume calls are tremendously loud, it is even painful for my ears. It is very annoying, everyone all around me hears all my full conversations. Please try to fix it soon.

1 Like

Is this issue actually observed by all users of Android 6, or just by some?
I am still on FP Open with Android 5.1 and am holding the update back due to this issue.

Im in the current Android 6 beta and definitly affected. When people don’t talk loud, on the lowest settings it’s bearable. But when somebody is talking louder, its a pain.

1 Like

Fairphone Open OS 17.06.4 (Android 6) here, not affected.

2 Likes

If everybody was affected there would be more than 20 posts in this topic already.

I have just been surprised that Fairphone did not check the hardware type that was infected.
So I will see when I can risk some time w/o mobile phone before learning how to do a full back-up with TWRP and then doing the upgrade.

I have the issue, too. But most of the times when I call I have enough background noise that I’m glad about the high volume. The actual issue for me is that I cannot control the call volume at all.

I had this problem on FP Open with Android 5.1 as well as on FP Open OS 17.06.04 and now on LineageOS.

So I don’t think it depends only on the Android version (it may change a bit from version to version but the problem remains). It would be interesting to know what is the reason for this problem …

This is defenitely the most disturbing issue for me after the update to Android 6

I have the same problem since upgrade to Android 6. I was really annoyed by it and only now realised this may be a bug not a feature XD Is there any way to manually override this, change the speaker setting, anything…?

If it is an issue that effects only a small number of people, it seems to me that this should be covered by the 2 year warranty? It is a defect in a limited set of phones. I will contact support on this issue. The last two updates did not fix this either.