Speaker does not go on when I click speaker function

I have been having this problem for a long time but since it’s not crucial, I have not bothered to get it fixed, and updates does not seem to have fixed it either. When I click the speaker botton nothing changes. Often it’s the same sound as when I speak regulary, but sometimes it works. Any solutions to this and what’s causing this problem? Since I’m planing to keep my phone for lone time it would be nice to have things working too.

I do not unterstand your text very well.

Are you talking about the default “Phone” app? And your problem is, that sometimes, when you switch into the speaker mode, your phone partner can still only be heard via the earpiece?

1 Like

Well, I use the defualt phone app, speaker function. So you can put down the phone while still hearing the other person without having to hold the phone next to my ear. But this function does not work, there is no change in the sound, I still have to hold the phone to my ear to be able to hear the other one just like when I don’t use the speaker function. So it’s not about the other person not hearing me.

2 Likes

Hi there, I’ve had issues in the past and followed this support guide [1] where it says to use the diagnostics app to test the speaker.

Hope this helps!

[1] https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001041206-Troubleshoot-your-Fairphone-2-issue

1 Like

The ‘large’ speaker is part of the bottom module while the ‘small’ one is in the top module. If you know another Fairphoner near you (or visit one of the #fairphoneangels) you could try exchanging the module to see if that fixes the problem.

2 Likes

And if that is fixing it and you are within warranty-time, #contactsupport.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.