Speaker and headphone volume too loud during Whatsapp video call

There are many cool features /e being one of them - but the speaker(s) vol. is a bummer.

Hi everyone,

Same issue with me. I did not get what was the solution suggested above, turning on the phone, taking the battery off and after asking the IMEI ? @ Thoense

Also having some issues with the microphone when I use a headset (who do not have microphone, so the headset is just like earphones). People sometimes have trouble earing me, I already talked to technical support and changed the mic part, but not 100% working. That is why calling with the loud speaker is useful, but I have to cover it with my finger as it is really too loud.

Thanks !

Ok, I tried it but I donā€™t think it worked.
When I tested the audio on the service test of the phone, I was able to move the ā€œchinese musicā€ to a normal volume, by adjusting the ā€œmedia volumeā€, not the ā€œcall volumeā€. But on phone, it is not possible to change this volume.

Thanks !

My FP3 speaker is very loud and distorted during handsfree calls, and the volume control doesnā€™t help much.

Itā€™s with lineage os 18.1.

I use an FP3+ and especially whatsapp video calls are incredibly loud on the lowest setting. Like, itā€™s louder than I would expect it to be on even the highest setting. The speakers work fine in any other case. I use LOS 18.1

Has anyone tried replacing the speaker and noticed any effect?

Just adding my voice to the rest here. The volume controls have no effect on the volume of the audio when in speaker phone mode, when making a normal call.

This makes it virtually unusable, as the audio levels are too loud.

I am hopeful this will be addressed in a software update.

A post was split to a new topic: FP5 Call Volume too loud