SpardaSecureapp meets FP2

Hello everyone,

I have installed the app from the appstore. Everything looked good. My account was blocked at the first bank transfer. The information from the banking technician was: FP2 is not supported by SpardaSecureApp. I have ‘fairphone OS 1.8.1’ running.
Does somebody has any idea

Bernd

Did you root yout your FP2?

1 Like

Thanks for your quick reply. What exactly do you mean ?
My FP2 is unchanged. Only OS updates.
Bernd

Ask your Sparda technician where on the website and/or in PlayStore they stated that FP2 is not supportet.
The only prerequisite that is mentioned is Android 4.1 or newer

Hi jhohn,

he called me after I called the bank’s customer center to report the lock up account. Otherwise it is nowhere. The app was successfully installed at that time

Bernd

Well. If the App is in the Google Play Store and they write Android 4.1 or newer requiered - the app must work on the FP2. If it doesn’t work - they need to tell you why. otherwise they need to mark the app not compatible with the Fairphone. But they can’t block the account. If you make a web transfer over the mobile website of the Sparda Bank on the fairphone, will they also block the account?

I would FORCE them, not to lock the account. i would call support every time until the give you plausible answer, why the hell their app should work on the cheap china Android Phone but don’t work on the Europan Fairphone with actual security patches.

3 Likes

Hello and thank you guys,

@explit there is a hint here on their Website ( No panic because of the German language ). Here is the clear announcement ‘Android 4.1.x’ or higher.
It was not my bank account blocked but the access account for the app and thus no online payment is possible.
This app should replace the PIN / iTAN traffic and it does not work for me. Maybe I should mail the entire thread to the bank.

Bernd

Hi Bernd. So, like the write it on the page - the app need to work. I would
call technician support of the bank.
They need unlock it.

Hi Bernd,

i am using SpardaSecureApp for two Month now without any Problem, so there must be somthing wrong with your Installation or the key to activate your Phone.
The important thing is that you have to activate your Phone with a Key that you receive per Mail (Letter!) and the key only works for a short time. If you miss that time you need to get a new key (like me - was busy and missed the time :wink: ). With the new key i could activate the Phone without any Problem.

Heinz

2 Likes

hi Heinz an hello to all,

@Heinz What is the Name of Your Bank ?
i am cusomer of the sparda-bank west. They mailed me this morning.
Unfortunately I can not forward the mail to the forum (copyright reference in the footer).
They write that exactly the FP2 is in a blacklist of mobile devices / cellphones.

Bernd

Hi Bernd,

sorry for the late Reply. Im at Sparda-Bank N (Nürnberg) and the SecureApp still works like a charm. Maybe they have the FP2 on the Blacklist because auf FP-Open (its rootet). Since I use the “Normal FP OS 1.8.1” unrootet everything works fine.

Heinz

Hi Heinz,

ok - i had a longer phonecall with the technician. so there is no black list but a white list. The FP2 is not yet in the white list he sayed. However, with the banking App I’m done. I now have a TAN generator and it works fine for me. In the next opportunity, I will flash the FP2 on the Open Source OS. I wanted that from the beginning. Then the app would be useless in any case.
Thanks again to all for the help.

Bernd

1 Like

Everyone who is using an unusual, non-mainstream phone is not able to use the Sparda Secure app? Will Sparda provide me a phone if I became their customer? Is the whitelist published anywhere?

Hello tofra,

i don’t know that. Sorry

Bernd

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.