I just bought a fairphone3 form orange France (a mistake?)
I would be very happy with the device if it was not for this software problem (I hope it is not hardware).
In short some apps are taking a tremendous time to boot (many minutes) and then they work super fine.
Apps that do not work
- Wire (stays stuck on the boot logo screen forever)
- firefox (needs 10 minutes to load and then fine, does it again after being killed), same for firefox preview
- Microsoft edge (stays stuck)
- Facebook messenger (took 10 mn to load the first time, never did it again after being killed)
- Nova launcher (takes 1 mn to load when starting phone arg…)
Apps that work
- All apps installed by default
The notable things I did:
- I first used and updated the phone with a sim card from another operator (free France)
- I noticed that some app updates/installs would only work though cellular network and would get stuck using my wifi (waiting for download, or download stuck at 99%, I am not using a vpn)
- I have Android 9 update from 5th of april 2020 (that updated through wifi)
- I was using Nova launcher but scraped it because it takes a long time to boot
- I have a feeling that the android update did not quite go as planned and the OS is corrupted somehow. But when I try a factory reset the android version is still the same (not an actual factory reset surprise…)
- I did not contact fairphone support yet but probably will. And Orange support is out because of COVID.
Things I tried
- Fake factory reset
- Reinstall firefox
- clear data and cache of firefox
- Removing novalauncher (it was the first app I installed)
Does anyone encountered the same problem around here? Does anyone have any idea how to solve this ? Does anyone know how to do an actual factory reset ?
Thanks to the community for taking the time to read this ^^