[Solved] Fairphone 3+ charging slowly

I just bought a fairphone 3+ from a third party supplier. Unfortunately it states that it is ‘charging slowly’. I have tried the official Fairphone charger (which barely works), and my wife’s Sony charger which is slightly faster - but still very slow. I am concerned that there is something wrong with the battery.

In addition the ‘about phone’ section reads FP3 as opposed to FP3+. Again I want to make sure there hasn’t been a mistake and I haven’t been sold a FP3 instead of an FP3+!

First check the rear camera in the FP3+ it has a white surround.
Under Settings > About phone > Model > is as you note FP3

On the charging issue you can check the state of the battery as follows:

Dial *#*#66#*#* on the dial pad > this will take you to the services menu > select Service test > Test single > Battery status You can test both when charging or not.

Contact your 3rd party supplier immediately or even official Fairphone if they do not respond quickly. You have 14 days to return the product ~ no questions asked. support@fairphone.com

By the way as I’m in the UK ~ Cornwall, who did you get your phone from?

Charging slowly isn’t necessarily a fault, it depends not only upon your charger but the cable.

See also

and

4 Likes

Just to say …

Don’t overlook this, this is important.
USB-IF certified cables are recommended.

7 Likes

thanks so much for your help! in turned out to be the cable, which had been damaged previously. I got a USB-IF cable and now it charges quickly.

thanks again!

3 Likes

thanks so much for your help! in turned out to be the cable, which had been damaged previously. I got a USB-IF cable and now it charges quickly. thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.