Software Update: FP5.TT40.A.131.20231130

@Sono
if your mobila data is limited, then don’t use it for large file download, but use wifi connection from your router with internet used also by computer :wink:

anyway, december “update” 2.5GB size is not OTA update, but whole system in latest version for manualy reflashing (with full storage erase) on rooted phone, i think this is NOT what you want :wink:

regular december OTA v131 update (which is for normal update with keep all storage data and without root) is 560MB size…
btw: previous november OTA update v127 was 96MB size…

2 Likes

@Sono Have a look at your Play Store profile settings, there’s network preferences that let your turn off downloading app updates over your mobile carrier network.

Still no update here either. @anna_jopp are there known issues with this new update and some carriers? What could be the reason for the delayed release for some?

Here’s the same situation @anna_jopp . I have an Telekom eSim, disabled and renamed for weeks. A Vodafone SIM (with disabled 5G) is working fine. The latest update, available since 23.12., didn’t arrived yet. We are discussing FP update policy, which is regularly around 4 weeks to late, but even 2.5 weeks after release it isn’t available for all!?! What can I do to manually install the latest update?

Hi all, thank you for following up on this. I just wanted to let you know I have seen the question and I or a colleague will get back to you about this soon. :+1:

7 Likes

Dear all,
I apologize for the delay in releasing the software update to certain customers using some partners’ networks.
Due to Christmas and New Year’s holidays, the regular testing to ensure the stability of the software is running slower than normal.

We are speeding it up and already released it today for some others; more will come soon.

9 Likes

It arrives some minutes ago for my FP5, thanks!

4 Likes

Awesome! I’ll patiently wait :nerd_face: Maybe I misunderstood, but is Fairphone in full control of releasing the updates? I thought the carriers also had some control over this. But I guess that’s not true?

1 Like

Technically, Fairphone controls fully the software releases and their delivery.
However, we value the tests executed by our partners that ensure, as much as possible, compatibility with their networks.

11 Likes

Until now, I did not got the update yet.

I still don’t have the update. I checked with a few colleagues that have the same carrier, they also didn’t get it yet. Is there an issue with Odido NL?

It’s almost a month ago since the update was released to the general public, but I still don’t have it. I would like to prevent a lock out from my work profile due to an out of date phone. I also contacted FP support, but no response yet.

2 Likes

It might be that you are using a partner network for which the update has been excluded for.

The next update is expected to be released to the public in about 10 days, and we aim to also remove any exclusion that has been in place for the previous update(s).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

6 Likes

Would FP consider adding these kind of update exceptions to the release notes? Just to manage expectations. I hope it doesn’t happen too often. Is there a way to force the update? Besides side loading it with ADB. Because I’m almost 4 months behind on updates (I still have the November update). That’s not great for a phone I bought just a few months ago.

2 Likes

Another SIM from a provider thats not blocked, helps normally, although it might not be a good idea. OTA ADB Sideload is not available for thr FP5, at least it was not a few days ago…

2 Likes

A colleague got his FP5 last week and he didn’t put a SIM in it immediately because he wanted to transfer data first. He got the December update and has no issues with Odido NL. So if a test failed, I wonder what that could be. Maybe the update pipeline is just stuck? Like during the holidays?

In principle, we hope to release those restrictions within a few days from the release date, as for the most they are just little delays in testing.

It happens rarely that we need to keep them in place because of critical issues.

In your case, we expect to release the next update to everybody in just a few days, hold on :slight_smile:

7 Likes

If there are those restrictions, would it be possible to mention them in the release notes or anywhere else publicly? Maybe even with a hint about what is expected to not work on that specific network if that update was installed? Even outside this forum there might be people who bought the phone with the software update promise and might wonder why they don’t get new updates and they have absolutely no way of finding out why. And in this forum only Deutsche Telekom customers can guess quite sure why their phones are excluded.

6 Likes

I hope the update will be available tomorrow. I just lost access to my work profile. Which means I’m not the only one at my workplace. Not a great start for a recently bought phone which boasts about longevity :nerd_face:

1 Like

The Dec update? If so hope will not help…