Software Update: FP5.TT40.A.131.20231130

the updater just notified about:

Softwareupdate: FP5, patchlevel december 2023, TT40.A.131, 560MB

release date: 2023-12-29

release notes at:
https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/18682800465169-Fairphone-5-OS-Release-Notes

8 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: :de: Update FP5.TT40.A.131.20231130

Installed without a problem.

Great :tada:! Just updated and so far all seems good here as well.

Everything fine! The update process was smooth and no problems afterwards.

1 Like

installed it rn. had no issue. my fp5 is having up to date security patches :slight_smile:

2 Likes

https://source.android.com/docs/security/bulletin/2023-12-01

Also link to security bulletin related to the 5th Dec 2023 patch

Update went smoothly.

Beautiful. And where can I download the zip file?
Nothing is happening here ?

I’m searching the .zip as well.
could you update the following page?

Welcome @fairitis to our forum!

Just to temper the expectations:

With you you’re addressing users like yourself:

grafik

So no, we can’t update it. Still maybe @anna_jopp passes by during next workday and might relay the question to a colleague.

4 Likes

Alright, thanks for your reply Volker!

1 Like

Just a simply question - my FP5 dont find the latest OTA update here in Austria. Finding the updates depends on which behavior?

I don’t have the update either. It was released late on a Friday, sometimes your carrier has to approve the update. I suppose today or tomorrow they will get around to it.

Here’s the ota.zip for anyone who needs it

2 Likes

Thank you, @Volker - I have forwarded the request to update the page to my colleagues. :slight_smile: Welcome to the Fairphone Community, @fairitis !

2 Likes

For reference:

What is this and what should that tell me?

Third party apps/applications are not reliably reprorting missing patches

It is the result of SnoopSnitch open source tool regarding the security patch, as far as I can tell, the result seems to be quite good, with no major issues found.

The reliability of these tests aren’t perfect, specially without root, but should give an idea of how well things are.

In my eyes, something not reliable does not tell me anything… In the past there were reports of missing things that were confirmed to be patched.