Software update: FP4.TP1X.C.079-20231013

See above
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/software-update-fp4-tp1x-c-079-20231013/102311/14?u=lars_hennig

A post was merged into an existing topic: Random reboots After android 13 update

This update made it impossible to record with apps like @voice Aloud Reader, the apps is killed instantly. It was working fine before the update.

FP 4 with Android 13 FP4.TP1X.C.079.20231013, protective cover and glass protector:

2 finger zoom in Google Maps:

• Fine handheld
  • On table does not work, not even with the audio adaptor cable on its own, but works with headphones attached as well
1 Like

Exactly the Same in my FP4. that finally after nearly 1,5 years of issues Made me Turn away from Fairphone.

if you have rooted your FP4 with Magisk, this @hirnsushi solution works very well for me.

Thanks. I managed to install C.079, but I cannot get root access. I tried to regenerate a magisk_patched-26400_RuK60.img and flash it, but it does not work. Actually I used the same boot.img from the official which is C.073. I assume the patch should be done with a newer version ?

Edit: instead of flashing explicitely boot_a, I just did:

# fastboot flash boot magisk_patched-26400_RuK60.img 
Sending 'boot_b' (98304 KB)                        OKAY [  2.353s]
Writing 'boot_b'                                   OKAY [  0.246s]
Finished. Total time: 2.611s

It is now OK: I have root access and C.079. :slight_smile:

Wifi is no longer working (cannot activate it)…

Did you flash an older boot.img by any chance, seems like it. That will cause connectivity problems among other things.

I generally wouldn’t recommend flashing it directly, you lose your easy fallback that way, just fastboot boot it next time and install Magisk through the app.

You need to either get a stock C.079 boot.img, flash that and go the fastboot boot route, or flash a patched C.079 image to get your system properly working again.

Exactly, I used C073 boot.img. Where Can I find a stock C079 img ?

You’ll have to either wait for FP to update the kernel page / factory images (who knows when that might happen :roll_eyes:), or get it from someone else. @Lars_Hennig should have one, it’s only ~ 100 MB, you’ll find a way to share it.
(The third option would be to create updated factory images yourself, but no one has posted a link to the ota.zip, so let’s not get into that)

I usually have one lying around but not this time, sorry.

1 Like

Does it work with the appropriate boot image?

Yes. Wifi + root. Thanks !

1 Like

Here’s the OTA link

1 Like

In case someone needs boot the boot image: I was able to configure a download space. Please PM me for access data and the URL.

2 Likes

I probably have both, C.079 stock and magisk_patched laying around, in case you still need it.

Thanks. Lars_Hennig hats put it here https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/qo2vgkseaeudu3utskkyg/h?rlkey=dp8lkb6lg7f2n4imjea9fofea&dl=0

By the way, should one want to revert to C.073, if not satisfied with C.079, without loosing its personal data, what would be the procedure ?

For me that is ok, it’s Marc’s dropbox :wink:

Ok so I misunderstood and thought its yours…:upside_down_face: removed the post back to prev version incl. the link