Same here. Quite annoying I have to say.
Did you read somewhere that it was a definitive no?
I guess there’s a bit of a rush going on internally to fix the update issues ![]()
Since the Android 13 update I have had a problem: my FP4 crashes and restarts,
In 4 days that has happened 6 times.
What’s the matter?
Welcome to the Community Forum.
I’d recommend you continue here:
Sorry for the misunderstanding. “Customers of […] will not receive this update” refers specifically to version FP4.TP1V.C.073.
Our team is working hard to deliver Android 13 to customers of Orange in France and Belgium. In the meantime, a security update is on the way, hopefully later this some time next week.
Edit: I spoke a few minutes too soon. ETA is next week.
But not a Fairphone problem, but Android. Saw it on my wife’s Samsung Tablet too.
Hmm, the ota.zip threw me a signature error.
The FP support page also doesn’t provide the ota.zip yet.
I’ll have to be very patient, as Belgian Proximus clients apparently receive updates with weeks of delay.
Interesting. I simply extragted the google-apis URL to the appropriate .zip file from my system logs when downliading the update myself. So it should be signed correctly. What Version do you currently have on your Phone?
I got the update about 7 days ago and it seems that the phone has started to restart randomly. Especially when using Android Auto.
Any suggestions? Is this software related or just a coincident?
Hi,
it may have to do with 5G. See here
Same here. Is there a thread for it?
The update worked fine for me ![]()
Is it just me or did the haptic feedback (vibration) become a bit less aggressive and thus more quiet?
Finally got the update notification yesterday (Proximus/Congstar).
Installed today without any issues so far.
Does it mean that Orange customer can still expect an A13 update before the end of 2023?
I’d already be happy to have a Security Update: The last one for my FP4 is from August 5, and we’re currently October 20!..
So much for “regular updates”. ![]()
That’s the goal.
Keep an eye on your notifications later today.
Were you part of the A13 beta tester group? Because I am/was and I’m on the same security update. And no one has said whether the testers’ group was maintained (which could explain the non-receipt of an update, paradoxically) or whether I too was a victim of Orange F’s delay.
Yes got it, late in the afternoon, “September 5”. Thanks, but still not my definition of “regular”…
The problem is that security issues begin getting exploited the day they are published, so waiting one, or worse, two months (not the first time) to fix them is almost as bad as not fixing them at all.
Now I can imagine it might (probably) take some time to repackage and test the updates coming from Google, but still, there is no way anyone can pretend Fairphones are in any way secured. They’re wide open, which means journalists, political activists, jurists and people in sensible professions might want to avoid using one. ![]()