Software update: FP4.SP29.B.069.20230510

I have no audio via HDMI via my docking station anymore. Video output is working

I am seeing the exact same thing and it’s infuriatingly difficult to use. Please, I think I’m going crazy - someone else tell me this has been changed?

Well, at least we are two…

Thats how it looks for me cant see any change, so neither smaller nor closer to the edge.

Maybe change to gesture mode, reboot, change back and reboot?

5 Likes

Oh my goodness. It worked! Thank you so much!

My problem was that the buttons were really thin and very close to the border. Your instructions helped. I changed to gesture mode, rebooted, changed back to 3-button mode, and didn’t need to reboot afterwards. Thank you! (originally when I tried switching, I didn’t reboot so it didn’t work)

3 Likes

Is it normal that I did not receive the update
FP4.SP28.B.065.20230420
and that I’m still at version FP4.SP25.B.058.20230318
Can I upgrade to this new version without fear? Because I “skip” an update version

Updates go via your provider so you may get some later than others, or not at all, but missing one shouldn’t be a problem

hi @Xavier_Rotsart , I left out the .065 update and directly went to 069 without issues.

1 Like

Thank you very much. The update has been done without problem.

1 Like

Thank you very much. The update has been done without problem.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: FP4 Security Updates need to be more frequent

Edit: already had the version installed and actually didn’t install sth new from fairphone. My bad. But the below still holds true for me

It’s a bad sign when an update arrives and you think

“oh no, please don’t get worse! Don’t get worse”

instead of

“great! Fixes for issues and new features!”.

And yet, here we are.

Anyway, lets hope we get june and july patches soon including some bug fixes for their most annoying bugs.

2 Likes

Let’s hope we won’t get any new fresh, exciting bugs to play with… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

@all, back to the topic please, which is this “old” update and not any future fears of bugs or overall dissatisfaction/complains.

6 Likes

When can we expect the next update? I am currently particularly looking forward to the AptX fix :).

2 Likes

I’m a beta tester and they have released two beta patches since this topic was created.

The issue is that something with the former of the two updates screwed over the mobile data feature for some people, and it would seem that fixing that is taking longer than expected.

No one has reported that issue in the latest beta patch, so I would assume they are going to push it out to users any time now.

6 Likes

Thank you for the update! :smiley:

Why can’t we have updates like that from Fairphone?
It’s not like they’d reveal some trade secrets, and it keeps users placated, showing them there is a valid technical reason for the delay, and it’s been actively worked on.

They hired a community manager IIRC. We didn’t see her a lot beyond her greeting post, a while back. Isn’t that what community managers (aka customer-facing pubic relations) are supposed to do? :thinking:

4 Likes

At least for the time being, I’m taking care of forum posts about software updates. I was quite busy with a few internal projects so I fell behind with forum notifications. In any case, the June update is right around the corner and contains at least one exciting fix.

9 Likes

solved the problem via changing to gesture => restart => changing back => restart

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.