Software update: FP4.FP4D.A.163.20220826

HI and welcome to the forum.
However this is a user forum so if you want Fairphone to note your desire for a feature change, ideally you would contact them.

There are other posts about this from three years ago so Fairphone clearly have other issues they consider more important, which you can read about and I would have to agree.

And it is being looked at :slight_smile:

It’s not a feature change but clearly a bug when UI elements jump around. Anyway, obviously FP staff is reading this thread, because they posted recently. This thread has current posts and the older ones don’t, so I posted here.

I just wanted to give my feedback about the impression it makes on a new user but I’m not investing more time in this. I have more pressing software issues to take care of :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s okay to post here, but to keep the complaints centrally it would be better to reply in threads about that subject. It will get bumped to the top once you comment, giving the topic attention again. Also, FP support does not use the forum much to prioritize issues. If you want things to get fixed, it’s best to #contactsupport.

3 Likes

True but several regulars, including your good self IIRC, were talking about this issue and other status bar issues in this thread already. So I assumed it has something to do with this particular update.

I neither have the time nor inclination to dive deep into fora for every tech I use. I’d love if the things I buy for good money made it through the first five minutes of usage without obvious bugs, but as this seems impossible, I have to choose, and phones are not the things I want to waste time with. I posted the feedback, FP developers are free to take it into account or not, that’s it really. If devs cannot be bothered to fix an obvious bug that every customer sees immediately if they use gesture nav, that’s their choice.

If you don’t want to waste time, the most effective way to get things fixed, is to #contactsupport directly with every problem you find.

Issues are prioritized based on the number of tickets opened for a specific problem. The amount of interaction you see in this thread isn’t indicative for how it’s usually like on this forum, Fairphone staff rarely chime in.

1 Like

Thanks yeah, I wasted too much already and I won’t be fixing FP’s apparently broken feedback system. The forum is there, just have a guy read it

I will send them a note though, thanks

Edit: “provide a proof of purchase in your request” LOL right

Edit 2: This and another issue reported in detail via #contactsupport, I have done what I can :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you for your service :nerd_face: The forum is for community help, FP support doesn’t use it to track issues. They may of course, but they have communicated often that it’s best to #contactsupport for bugs, issues and feedback.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.