Software Update: Fairphone 4 FP3W.A.0128.20220516

Since it’s the sport to try and beat the FP employees with the news: looks like a new update for the FP4 came through OTA today bearing the version number FP3W.A.0128. The accompanying play services update didn’t land yet, but I’m sure that’ll be available in a matter of days too. The only item on the changelog was bringing the patchlevel to the 5th of May, but if there’s more details on other minor changes I’d be curious to hear :slight_smile:

Edit: the changelog as pointed out by @ManuHry :

13 Likes

4 Likes

I wonder why it is named FP3W.A.0128 and not FP4.FP3W.A.0128. Is it really save to update on a Fairphone 4 ? It is my first FP 4 update.

For information, Fairphone updated releases notes : FP4. Fairphone OS Release Notes – Support

Fairphone OS version FP3W.A.128.20220516 (Android 11) - May 30, 2022

New features

• Security Patch Level: 5th of May, 2022

• The network compatibility for several carriers has been enhanced.

• Added automatic power-off when idle in Fastboot mode for 10 minutes.

• Improved performance of microphone in Signal app.

• Improved retention of mobile network settings after update.

8 Likes

Oh yes, that’s really very important :wink:

2 Likes

All FP4 updates are named something with FP3 whoever had that “great” idea is unclear…however you are def safe to update ,you would never see an update for the FP3 on the FP4.

5 Likes

The update worked flawlessly.

2 Likes

Updated without issues and for the first time network settings like roaming were not changed, yay!

3 Likes

Well played @RSpliet! :wink: Also, a bit of a sport to align the time the update goes live with the time the social posts and forum post go live. Let’s see who gets it first next time! :joy:

13 Likes

Nice, but no solution for the problems with the camera API?
@formerFP.Com.Manager can we hope for some solution for https://forum.fairphone.com/t/camera-camera2-api-missing-features-bugs/83196 in one of the next updates?

I don’t want to be unfair, but I think there are many people who are much more interested in this than for

• Added automatic power-off when idle in Fastboot mode for 10 minutes.

:wink:

1 Like

Hi @juri.gagarin.ii,

Great to see that Razem has already contacted our customer support team. In general, this is really the best way to get the most updated answers. And when tickets are created it also helps our team understand how many people, which regions etc. certain issues affect. So as has been said before… please always #contactsupport.

In the meantime though, thanks for sharing this wiki! I’ll make sure to share this more widely internally too. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

And even more people would be happy if the proprietary kernel drivers and libraries for the camera would be disclosed. that the custom ROM users and builders would have something from it.

6 Likes

I did as requested and contacted support with a link to the thread.
Let’s see what will come out :slight_smile:

1 Like

My FP4 Stuck in FP3T.A.107.20220316 (Android 11) - April 4, 2022, two versions behind the newest. At what point the argument “wait a bit” is not valid anymore?

1 Like

Hi @vismajor1,

I think 2 mounths is higher than usual… have you tried to remove your SIM card, and try to update via Wi-Fi ?
Fairphone can delay software updates for some network providers in case of known issues

Hi @ManuHry,
thanks for your reply. I tried: remove sim, restart, update with wifi. The Update is still not working. My provider is simon mobile by vodafone Germany. Also i have two friends with the same FP4, same provider, same problem.
I will try again to remove the sim card for a few hours and check update again.

1 Like

Yes, that is always annoying

1 Like

The update went smoothly. Interestingly, my Chrome shortcuts on the home screen remained intact after this update. Hope it stays that way in future updates as well. :smiley: No Google Play system update yet, as already pointed by @RSpliet.

2 Likes

Downloaded and installed the update, everything went smooth.

1 Like

Installed smoothly as well, bonus: the update doesn’t disable the roaming anymore :slight_smile:

4 Likes