Software Update: 3.A.0132.20211027

FYI, hotspot with Vodafone DE (LTE) works with Firmware build 8901.3.A.0132.20211027

2 Likes

Thank you Littletijn, has FairPhone come back to you regadering this issue? I have ticketed the problem as well and I’ll keep you updated if I find a solution.

Yes, FairPhone did answer my ticket. They requested additional information that I have given, as far as possible.

Only thing I couldn’t try out at the moment is using another SIM card.
When I can try that out, I will contact FairPhone again with my findings.

Totally agree on this one, I would like to be able to use my phone in dark environnement without getting blind !
I would rather have no adaptive bightness and a lower minimum backlight.
At least please make it a switchable option so user can choose what they prefer :confused:

3 Likes

Hi Amoun, thanks for you answer :slight_smile:
I’m also using the dark mode, but even with it using the phone in an unlit room is a pain for the eye because of the backlight strength, I’ll the next update with a lower minimum backlight will come soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what I’m wondering about too. The minimum brightness zero with the 0129 software was of no use at all for me, now everything is ok, the lowest brightness is just right for me, even if there is no surrounding light.

2 Likes

I know this won’t help you for the coming year or so, but Android 12 has a new option in the accessibility settings to dim the backlight below minimum.

2 Likes

I just received a new update to 3.A.0134 (06 Nov 2021)

1 Like

See here:

5 Likes

If so, just have a look whether you can install the next update 3.A.0134 to see whether the issue persists.

Hm FP3 is uptodate, there is no other update available.

Perhaps your carrier didn’t green-light it yet.

Okay, I actually mean that one. I simply wrote my battery behaviour notice in the wrong patch thread. That does not change the outcome tho.

Ok, I moved your notice and @anon9989719’s answer over to the 3.A.0134 topic.

1 Like

I am still having the same issue as well. It is also for BEN NL, so it looks like there is something happening here with BEN NL (had it already with Android 10).

1 Like

Hey hey,

Actually, @Ronaldvanharten is one of the brave souls who has agreed to test Android 11 internally. So what he means is that he witnessed the issue on the latest A10 build he had (I think it was 132) and it carried over to the A11 beta.

I hope this clarifies things a bit. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

To be honest, you guys didn’t really fix it. You just reverted it. Took you a long time, too. That’s not the same thing and I am one of the people hoping a good fix will be in the future.

1 Like

Up, even with 4.A the issue is still here… Still too bright!

1 Like

A little patience. I’ve heard on the wind that there is a lowering of the brightness due soon. So it’s not forgotten and how soon is always an issue, but I’m hoping the next update will include such a feature.
:speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.