Software update: 3.A.0101.20210420

That is a very good hint. I just recently started learning about installing Android OS since I originally wanted to run a newer version of Android on my Huawei P10 lite unfortunately there was the drawback of not being able to use banking apps with a custom Lineage OS rom, so I took the next best thing that would give me as much OS support as possible.

Hello together,
I have the same problem like @mmik922
I thought it has to do with root, but if it also happens after a factory reset and without root, there is something other behind. I have my phone already longer and never had problems with system updates before. Perhaps there is a problem with the update by itself. It seems that the system isn’t able to fully download because the error appears at the very beginning after the process/status bar just started to fill up. The bar gets to following point:

Maybe the download servers are too busy? For me, the update worked flawlessly. But I noticed, that the download took quite long - about 10 minutes for 350 MB via 100 MBit internet connection.

Downloads like this usually perform in the background with low priority to have a lower impact on overall network bandwith.

Same issue for me after the upgrade : no more LTE on Orange France network (Telecoop operator).

However, I cannot delete the existing APN profile and creating a new one with proper parameters found on Orange website does not solve the issue :frowning:

I will continue to search a way to fix it

Edit : it is working again after following the procedure described on Orange website

2 Likes

Seems like this is really a very big bugfix, solving a lot of the issues. Thank you!
Update went fine here.

Would be nice if the next update could solve this small but very eye-catching misplacement :wink:

1 Like

Das Update ist in Deutschland Ăźber mobilcom-debitel (Vodafone) angekommen.

• Es wurde ein Problem behoben, das unter bestimmten Bedingungen dazu fĂźhrte, dass das Mikrofon und der Lautsprecher die Empfindlichkeit bei Telefonaten herabsetzten, bis das Gerät neu gestartet wurde. Dieses Problem betraf häufiger VoIP-Apps von Drittanbietern (wie WhatsApp, Telegram usw.).

Ich benutze Discord und hatte dieses Problem. BEHOBEN! Top

das Wi-Fi-Frequenzband ist bei mir auf Automatik, ohne Probleme.

Die anderen Probleme hatte ich nicht.

english
The update has arrived in Germany via mobilcom-debitel (Vodafone).

• An issue has been fixed that, under certain conditions, caused the microphone and speaker to reduce sensitivity during phone calls until the device was restarted. This issue affected third-party VoIP apps (like WhatsApp, Telegram, etc.) more frequently.
    I use Discord and had this problem. FIXED! Top

the Wi-Fi frequency band is on automatic for me, with no problems.

I did not have the other problems.

5 Likes

This link has not yet been updated by support. The previous version (0084) of the FpOS is still offered.

Steven

1 Like

never ending story. hihihi :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That should be of no consequence, since the issue in this case is that the OTA update doesn’t install :wink: .

2 Likes

Just got the update. Went smoothly and quite fast.
The annoying suggestions in the settings app are gone now, yippie :grinning:. And WifiCalling is possible now with Vodafone germany.
Thank you for the ongoing support and effort in solving the issues, not much left for me now.

6 Likes

I haven’t received any push notification yet (in Netherlands). Is it normal?

Yes, ist comes in waves and sometimes one provider needs langer than than the other.

5 Likes

Yes the roll out goes by networks. Apparently the update is sent to the networks over a period and each network checks it for viability. So some of the smaller networks probably get it later in the queue and then also are slower at verification. If one of these networks find an issue they will send it back to Fairphone who will work on any issues ensuring more delay.

You may like to post the name of your network here so others can chip in.

@Incanus :+1:

4 Likes

Yes, it depens on network,Vodafone in Italy took 1 day to roll it out (received yesterday). Anyway, you can remove your SIM, turn on the phone without it and manually check the update. With this tweak you can always receive the updates but maybe you can suffer some network issues (I did it for 0077 and 0 problems). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I still have no push notifications (from Vodafone NL) but I can see the update in the settings menu.

Can you update via the menu then? You may be expecting too much from Vodafone it could take a week or two.

1 Like

I hat no notification either, just checked the settings menu and there it was.

bluetooth bug?

Could it be that the new update means that no music can be played via Bluetooth-connected speakers? It’s getting annoying. Aren’t you testing your software? There are test cases that have to be repeated as soon as something is released!

Steven

SOLVED

Hope you’re not directing your query to the users here as this is not an official Fairphone support forum?

What is the bluetooth bug you have?

2 Likes