Hi everyone ,
Our latest software update for Fairphone 3 and Fairphone 3+ users is now available.
Software Version: 3.A.0101.20210420
Security Patch Level: 5th of March, 2021
List of changes:
- Fixed an issue that was causing, under certain conditions, the microphone and the speaker to lower the sensitivity on phone calls until the device was rebooted. This issue affected third-party VoIP apps (such as WhatsApp, Telegram, etc.) more frequently.
- Fixed an issue that was causing some pictures to be saved with an unexpected yellow/blue tint filter.
- Fixed an issue that was causing some notifications to not be shown correctly on the lockscreen anymore.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the user to change the Wi-Fi frequency band, when the manual choice was made and the phone rebooted afterward.
- Fixed an issue that was causing some notification sounds to be recorded in video recording mode.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the suggestion banner within the Settings app to re-appear automatically after the user dismission.
- Fixed an issue that was causing, in rare conditions, the device to automatically generate bug reports without any user interaction. Those reports were uniquely saved locally on the phone storage.
- Fixed a minor issue that was causing, in rare conditions, the device to reboot when a corrupted microSD card was detected, instead of showing the correct error message.
- The calling volume scale has been expanded from 4 to 7 steps, following the feedback provided by our customers.
- The network compatibility for several carriers has been enhanced.
Depending on your network provider, some Fairphone 3 and 3+ users may receive this update sooner than others. Once the update is available you’ll receive a push notification to automatically update.