Since update: SIM-cards connection problem

Since I went for the update, I have a big problem with my SIM-cards. When I (re)boot my phone, they do not connect anymore. Only after several reboots (sometimes 5 times or more) and/or taking out the battery, I can again fill in my pin-code and the connection is restored.

The connection with the cards also gets lost when I put my phone on flight mode during the night. In the morning, the connection is gone again.
Even worse: sometimes the connections with the cards gets lost in the middle of the day. I really need my phone during the day for work, so this is extremely annoying.

Anyone else with the same problem? Anyone who has a solution?

3 Likes

You could try this ā€¦

• Turn off the phone (if you have the new camera, activate the flashlight before, else it will just reboot).
  • Remove the SIM cards.
  • Turn on the phone
  • Once the OS is done booting, turn it off again.
  • Put the SIM cards into the phone again.
  • Turn on the phone

Any better?

1 Like

Thanks for your answer!
I followed your steps but unfortunately it didnā€™t work.
I did notice that, when my sim-cards are not in the phone, it says ā€˜no simā€™. in the upper left corner. When I put them back, it says ā€˜no serviceā€™. The icon (a sim-card with a slash) stays the same though in both situations.

Does it help if you reset the network settings?

I have no idea how to do that or how to find this?

The last days, my problem was slightly less 'problematic.
In other words, it doesnā€™t occur that often anymore, only sporadic.
So for now, Iā€™m ok, but itā€™s not really fixed completely yetā€¦

I just had the same problem for a couple of days.

Now I found the solution (workaround: just wait some seconds) here - thanksalot :slight_smile:

That does not help at all in my case, but good that it works for you. :slight_smile:
I need to reboot my phone several times before I can enter my PINā€™s again. Sometimes I wait several minutes before another reboot, so just waiting does not help for sure for me.

Hi,
I got the same issue. Tried some stuff.
When I use just one sim Iā€™ve got no trouble. Also using either the first or the second sim slot.
So non of the sim are broken because the both work when using as only sim.
The slots themselves work because I can use either slot 1 or 2.

My current work around is to slide out the company sim in the evening and the private sim during daytimeā€¦

Iā€™ll put in a service request but guess this normally takes a couple of weeks before a reply is givenā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

Thatā€™s a serious workaround for now :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Not really an option for me, because I need my both numbers togetherā€¦

Maybe itā€™s best to put in a service request myself too.
Can you keep me updated if you get an answer? Thanks a lot!

I will keep you updated. The request was forwarded to hq yesterday.

1 Like

Same problem here, also since the new update. Have you thought about opening an issue in the bugtracker?
Please bear in mind that the link does not work in Firefox.

Hi,
I was updated with a work around and it seems to work:
In case of using 2 SIMS in the phone the problem is only 1 can connect to a data network. So, I needed to set the SIM which Iā€™m not using for mobile data to 2G network.

I first had to link to that SIM only, set the network to 2G and restart with 2 sims again.

It seems to work now. I do have both SIMS and the both show connection. Will keep a close eye to it the next couple of days.

1 Like

Exactly the same problem for me. No solution.
Iā€™ve upvote for the bugtracker system.

Can anyone vote for that bug, itā€™s classified as ā€œstandardā€ for the priority and for the severity.
But for a phone, with which you canā€™t actually make a call, it should be classified as ā€œcriticalā€.

I have the same issue among othersā€¦ I notice when my french SIMcard is on slot 1 and the German one on slot 2 it doesnā€™t work at all, but when I have French in 2 and German in 1 itā€™s working but doesnā€™t show my contactsā€¦ quite anoying.

Hi all,
I had a conversation with the support and I must say Iā€™m quite disappointed. None of the workarounds they gave me seemed to work, so they concluded there has to be something wrong with my core module.
This sounds really weird to me because 1) the problems just started since the update, before I didnā€™t have any dificulties with connecting and 2) there are more people with the same problem, also since the update.
Did anyone recieve a helpfull solution?
I must say that the problem is fluctuating. Sometimes I only need 2 reboots, sometimes just 1 but also sometimes 6 times before I can re-enter my PIN.

I have a feeling they donā€™t want to see this as a bug??

1 Like

If you want to try with Android 6 again, thereā€™s still the ā€œI regret upgrading, how do I downgrade?ā€ section here ā€¦

1 Like

I have an occasional, similar issue. For me what happens is that after a week or so of fine operation, the wifi stops working - keeps showing networks from where I was a while ago and doesnā€™t connect to familiar networks where I am now. turning wifi on and off, or aeroplane mode on and off, doesnā€™t help, so I reboot. When the phone comes back, itā€™s got wifi, but says ā€œno sim cardsā€.

I can usually get it back to having working wifi and working sims again, with a power cycle and maybe a fresh charge (using the ā€œtorch onā€ trick so that the phone does a proper power off).

I donā€™t have any SIM-cards issues at other times - itā€™s only ever after Iā€™ve fixed the wifi issue. (for instance, today, my phone was running on 4g all morning as I hadnā€™t noticed the wifi wasnā€™t connecting here at home; when I rebooted to fix the wifi, the SIM cards disappeared; nothing else changed, phone just sitting here on my desk throughout).

This happened to me again, and I wanted to share what worked for me to fix the SIM cards issue more clearly.

Problem: Phone shows ā€œno SIM foundā€ when in fact SIMs are there. Unable to make calls. Settings-Maintenance-Connectivity shows no SIMs.
Note: in my case, the most recent time this happened, I realised that actually the SIM cards were not totally out of action. I was still receiving calls and text messages, although I could not do outbound calls or texts, and mobile data was not working.

Solution that worked: run battery down until phone turns off. Plug in charger. Charge until green LED. unplug from charger, turn on phone.

This has now worked for me a couple of times.

Things that I tried which did not work:

• aeroplane mode on and off
  • restarting phone
  • Power off phone then power on (using ā€œtorch onā€ trick to properly power down)
  • reseating SIM cards
  • swapping SIM card positions
  • going to only one SIM card

sigh
Since the new update, it just got worse, so I decided to downgradeā€¦ Hopefully the problem is gone then!