Since last update, can't shut down fairphone 2

All is in the title :wink:

I had last update a few days ago, then, I can’t shut down my FP2. If I choose shutdown, it restarts (and if I choose restart, it restarts too :wink:

is it a bug in update ?

5 Likes

It’s a bug that affects all upgraded FP2s with the 12MP camera module.

Please switch on the flashlight of your FP2, then shut down the phone. It should properly shut down this way.

5 Likes

Anyone who reads this and runs Android 7 on her or his FP2, could you please post a screenshot here of where to find the flashlight function most easily?

I also posted that to the bugtracker at https://bugtracker.fairphone.com/project/fairphone-android-7/issue/7

5 Likes

Cool Wlan of yours! :joy:

8 Likes

Thanks! I put flashlight ON (and keep it on), and shut down phone, it is ok.
Now, we need to wait for next update to correct this bug I think ?

3 Likes

and for french people, I translate (to find more easily with search engine) this solution :wink:

Petite traduction en français :
Suite à la dernière mise à jour sur Fairphone 2, impossible de l’éteindre (quand on essaie, il redémarre). C’est un bug qui concerne apparemment les FP2 ayant un appareil photo 12 Mp. Pour réussir à l’éteindre (en attendant la prochaine mise à jour), il faut allumer la lampe torche du tél (cf copie d’écran un peu plus haut dans ce message) et la laisser allumée, alors on peut éteindre le tél… :smiley: !

5 Likes

This bug is months old if you count beta versions of Fairphone’s Android 7, and even a lot older if you consider LineageOS on the Fairphone 2 (which has the same bug since bringing Android 7 to the Fairphone 2 last year and with the bug still being there this year with Android 8).

There’s no evidence supporting that it will be fixed in the next update … but then there’s no evidence against it either, so I like your optimistic question here much better than people complaining in the bugtracker about how this should have been fixed already.
Sometimes things just aren’t simple, and supposed entitlement to a solution doesn’t help in bringing about a solution.

6 Likes

Ok, thank you for this precisions.
So I will wait :wink:

1 Like

Mine doesn’t do that either, I’ve had to take out the battery when I’ve been at the movies or theatre. Now I’m at the opera and will check if the flashlight trick works.

It (flashlight trick) worked weel few times for me but I just noticed right now that it doesn’t work anymore !
my FP2 does’t shut down (restarts automaticaly)

I ve also an issue with GooglePlayServices update. Some apps (ie: garminConnect) aks for update. I don’t understand when this update occurs ? everyday ?
GooglePlayShit seems to update only on wifi, not on 4G/LTE…is it linked to my issue ?

That is its default configuration, which you can change in the settings of the Play Store.

1 Like

As funny as that screenshot is :wink: , could someone please provide a neutral looking (and more complete) screenshot instead? Lesser experienced Android users will inevitably think the Russians are coming, so let’s just avoid any avoidable confusion for them.

Ideally, just include your screenshot right into the first “Power issues” section here:

1 Like

Hi
I have the same Problem since update
BR Erich

Same problem, but the torch suggestion works - how on earth did you work that one out? Hope the bug gets fixed, very annoying…

1 Like

The /e/ community reported that one (/e/ is an alternative OS, see oslist) …

1 Like

work around works for me as well

crazy shit :joy:

1 Like

Hi
Now it turns off without reboot and I don’t know what happened.
still FP OS 7.1.2, so for me it works
BR Erich

you mean that now, you don’t need to turn on light, so as to shut down FP2 ?
did you have an update ?

2 posts were split to a new topic: App compatibility issues after Android 7 update