SIMs not recognized anymore when switching mobile data to SIM 2

I have 2 SIM cards in my FP2 running LineageOS 14.1 from Oct. 4th.
When I try to switch mobile data to SIM 2 both SIMs are unusable/not found by phone. Even after a reboot the SIMs are not detected. When switching back mobile data to SIM 1 everything is fine. It does not matter which of the SIMs (T-Mobile Germany and Vodafone Germany) is in which Slot.

I have opened a bug report at FP LineageOS Bugtracker

The same problem happens here. After changing mobile data from sim 1 (default) to sim 2 the FP2 telefon app is not usable any more. Maybe a reboot helps? After that FP2 does not accept sim pins. It is possible to enter sim pins endless without a count restriction. Restart FP2 with one sim first so the default sim config is restored. Shutdown and put the mobile data sim in slot 1 and the other sim in slot 2.

ā€“> Two sims work only if mobile data is on sim 1.

FP2
Lineageos 14.1-20171004-Unofficial-FP2
Baseband 4437.1-FP2-0-07
Provider: Switzerland, Swisscom and Sunrise

1 Like

Same for me.

Switched my SIMs and have only SIM1 on data works as a workaround for me, but a fix would be nice :wink:

Yes, same issue here. Multi Sim settings seem broken on lineage. I donā€™t think this is a device or Fairport specific bug.

Chris

1 Like

Got a question it it is ā€œStil there in version 20171024?ā€ in Bugtracker. Does anyone have 20171024 in the updates? Me not, 20171016 is latest.

Tried again with 14.1-20171016-Unofficial-FP2: same result, not fixed yet.

Found and updated. Problem remains and got worse, just updated the Bugtracker with:
ā€œUpdated to nightly 20171024 and it still happens and it even got worse.
Now when switching mobile data to SIM 2 both SIMs are not found by phone. Even after a reboot the SIMs are not detected. When switching back mobile data to SIM 1 the SIMs are still not found by the phone, now you need to reboot again to get a working phone.ā€

Yes, I confirm that sucks. I donā€™t have a fix.

Chris

1 Like

Have it since weeks. It didnā€™t find a way to fix it. Fortunately I donā€™t need my second sim, because the sim slot 1 is not recognized somehow. Have my main sim in the second slot in which it works without problems. Bit annoying but OKā€¦

This should be fixed in the next ā€œweeklyā€ build.

Chris

6 Likes

https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/57499/

2 Likes

This bug is fixed with 20171114 update.
I have some other problems with switching mobile data connection from one SIM to the other but I need to do some further tests as I have a very bad mobile connection here and want to exclude this as the problem. I will open another thread if the problems stay when I am in a location with better connection rates.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.