Shipping to Saudi Arabia - help needed

Dear community,

I just checked amazon.sa and vireo.de for purchasing fairphone4.
Both of them offer gray/green fairphones but I need a speckled-green! :slight_smile:
How can I order a speckled-green fairphone4 and ship it to Saudi Arabia?

I have been using my iphoneSE from 2016 because I share similar values to those of the fairphone community regarding e-waste and prolonging the device’s lifetime as long as possible. Unfortunately, my iphone is harder and harder to use and I want it to be the last device I bought from apple, I will be happy to switch to a more eco-friendly option like fairphone. Especially in speckled-green color :sweat_smile:

Thank you.
Alex.

1 Like

Welcome to our Community! :wave:

Two thoughts:

I’m not sure if you noticed, but in just four days Fairphone will present something new:

You might want to wait until wednesday to see what it will be, perhaps you want to make your choice only afterwards.

The other: The speckled green Fairphone 4 differs from the green Fairphone 4 in just one part – the back cover. This is a spare part that you can replace easily yourself and is available in Fairphone’s online shop:

So while this might not be directly available to your country, it might be much easier to “import” than a whole Fairphone 4.

P.S.: I just noticed Vireo actually offers this part as well (even cheaper than in Fairphone’s own shop):

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing your very valuable thoughts :slight_smile:
Honestly, I did not think to just order a fairphone with an extra case.

Excited to wait a bit as well.

2 Likes

I think I’m in a similar situation, waiting for my current phone to run out of support before buying a FP; I’m also shopping from outside the EU.

The best help I eventually found was a list of resellers on their main site:

While FairPhone themselves don’t ship outside Europe, many of those vendors will. If I remember, at least a couple sold individual parts as well.

Um, a disclaimer, though: I haven’t verified any of that for at least a few months.

1 Like

If a custom ROM (an ungoogled Android operating system) on your Fairphone is an option for you, Murena is now officially selling the FP4 with their own /e/OS pre-installed from within the USA – so no custom hassle or fees involved. See Murena Fairphone 4 – Murena – deGoogled phones and services

1 Like

I just looked at the news. I definitely want a transparent fairphone5 and extra sky-blue cover.

The problem is similar to the original: amazon and vireo do not offer it, is there a way to purchase it and get in Saudi Arabia?

By accident my friend is now in Poland and will return to KSA in a week, This will not be enough to get faiphone5, right?

I’d be a bit patient, it would surprise not just me a lot if Vireo would not eventually offer the FP5. And yes, the first devices will only be delivered from 14 September.

1 Like

Hard to be patient with diyng iphone 2016 (i changed battery to one from aliexpress but see no real improvement) and supernice fairphone5 available :slight_smile:

Maybe I will write to vireo about the fairphone5 to raise the probability of their delivery offer :innocent:

1 Like

My colleague is traveling for the Physics Society meeting in Baden Honnef on October 30-31 and offered to bring me Fairphone5. A complication is that he will be with Saudi simcard only, but he says he will be able to meet the courier at the building entrance at a specific time. Can you please suggest a way to arrange such a delivery to him?

Sorry, but I don’t really know how I can help there. Maybe he can contact the Physics Society (or his hotel?) to find out if he can have the Fairphone 5 sent to their office in time before the Bad Honnef meeting?

P.S.: One more idea if you are ordering directly from Fairphone – you can have it delivered to a UPS pickup location, example here (click to see, note this is a fictitious address, of course)

Generally, I strongly recommend you contact Fairphone Support with your query if you mean to order through them: https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us (form and phone number bottom half of the page)

1 Like

A villa was donated to the Physics Society for their meetings (with housing), parties (I’m joking), etc., so there is no reception to leave the delivery for someone.
I just thought there could be some local German super-flexible courier services that you could know. Sorry for bothering and thank you for the reply!

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.