Selling FP2 in Canada

What product(s) are you selling?

I’m selling a Fairphone 2. The screen and camera modules have issues (see this documentation and this blog post).

At what price are you willing to sell it/them (fixed/negotiable)?

100$CAD, negociable.

From where would you be shipping (country or city)?

Montreal, Canada.

Photo(s) of the product(s) (if it is a phone, please include a photo of the phone switched on displaying the current date):

Photos available upon request. Phone generally in good condition otherwise.

Other, remarks:

I really like the Fairphone project. I think it’s a brilliant idea and I wish the project good luck. The fact is the phone doesn’t work so well in Canada, or at least in Montreal, as a phone: coverage is kind of spotty. But this is still a great Android platform, for people who want to hack at one of the most open phones out there. It’s just brilliant. Otherwise maybe someone in Europe could use this for parts?

I tried to get the phone repaired, and the Fairphone.com support people were really nice. They would have taken the phone, provided I first shipped it somewhere in Europe, so there’s also hope to recover the phone in original condition as well.

I’d hate to throw away this device, which was specifically designed to avoid those kinds of scenarios…

I hope you are out there, whoever will make this device useful again!

NB: If you are interested and want to send a direct message, you will have to be a basic user on the forum. Reference about how to become one and other trust levels can be found here.
Be aware, that cross-border shipment of batteries outside a phone is virtually impossible for individuals.

2 Likes

Hello Anarcat,
Greetings from Sweden. I have read some of what you have written about your FP2.
I have had similar issues living in Sweden but shipping has still been possible and I have been able to buy spare parts like bottom module and batteries.
I am interested to buy your phone if you think the core module is working? I read about the screen being broken and something about rain. Did water get into the phone?
I am not a technical person but I wish to promote sustainability.
Please contact me on my e-mail if your wish to continue to talk about selling your phone to me.
It is xxxxx
Best regards
Anneli

Note moderator Lidwien: I removed the e-mailadress for safety reasons.
Just spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts and you can send a message by PM.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.