Screen auto rotate and acceleration sensors are not working

Hi, I use a Fairphone 2 (one of the first 17418)

Since I received the FP2 the screen never auto rotated, but I thought that maybe it was just a bug and it would be fixed with some update, but it never did. Today I was using an app which told me that it couldn’t determine the angle in which I hold my phone.
This got me curious and I checked out the forum and only saw a german post which resulted in the fairphone being sent back to be replaced.

This is what I tried so far:

• check the common issues thread
  • made sure the screen auto rotate setting was properly set
  • reboot phone
  • factory reset from andoid menu
  • flash the partitions boot, cache, recovery, system and userdata from FP2-gms54-1.3.6-img.zip
  • update to FPOS 1.5.1
  • calibrate compass with SatStat and Google Maps (both did not work, the compass doesn’t work at all)

In between the things I tried I checked for working sensors with SatStat
The Page with all sorts of sensors receives no data at all.

The fairphone of a friend works as expected with all the tests I did on mine.

Can I try something else to make sure it’s not a hardware issue?

Can I check if it is a hardware issue? As I understand the accelerometer is located directly on the board?

Best regards

I have the same issue with my FP2 (one of the first 17418 too).

In the logs, I get:

E/Sensors (  430): sns_fsa_la.c(92):realpath failed for pathname 13
E/Sensors (  430): sns_reg_la.c(289):Error creating registry file
W/Sensors (  430): sns_reg_mr.c(367):File init failed 5
E/Sensors (  430): sns_reg_la.c(91):reg_read: reg file not open
E/Sensors (  430): sns_reg.c(291):Received error from sns_reg_read/write 5
W/sensors.qcom(  631): type=1400 audit(0.0:4): avc: denied { getattr } for path="/persist/sns.reg" dev="mmcblk0p14" ino=113 scontext=u:r:sensors:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:persist_file:s0 tclass=file
W/sensors.qcom(  631): type=1400 audit(0.0:5): avc: denied { getattr } for path="/persist/sns.reg" dev="mmcblk0p14" ino=113 scontext=u:r:sensors:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:persist_file:s0 tclass=file

Followed after about 8 seconds by a bunch of:

E/Sensors (  430): sns_reg_la.c(91):reg_read: reg file not open
E/Sensors (  430): sns_reg.c(291):Received error from sns_reg_read/write 5
[the above 2 lines repeated 20 times]
E/Sensors (  430): sns_sam.c(4703):SMGR not ready!

I opened a support request and after one month fairphone support kicked in. After another 20 days of trying to solve this issue together I was offered to return my phone, which I did. I then got a new phone and everything seems to work fine. The whole process took three month, but now I feel more comfortable to recommend the FP2 to others.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.