Schematics and STL Fairphone 5

Hi,

I’m looking for the following for Fairphone 5:

-Schematics FP5
-Schematics USB-C > 3.5mm jackplug
-STL files for backcover

Does anybody know where to find those? Thanks!

7 Likes

Unfortunately for prior Fairphones there were some legal issues that preventer Fairphone from releasing the complete schematics at first. The FP3(+) schematics are still unreleased in its complete form and the FP4 schematics became available with quite some delay.

I guess with the FP5 they will face similar issues - at least it’ll take some time. I am not aware of those having been released yet.

9 Likes

Hello everyone,
I am looking into buying the Fairphone 5 and having the schematics accessible would be greatly appreciated for transparency and repairability!
Thanks!

1 Like

I have to agree. You can’t be claiming you support right to repair without providing schematics.

I guess the issue on whether or not we’ll get design information will come down to how much of the design Fairphone own, and what their NDA with Qualcomm looks like.

I saw a claim that the Fairphone 5 is manufactured by TCL. Who manufacture devices under the Alcatel & Blackberry names, as well now in their own name.

But given that we got schematics for the Fairphone 4 and that most of the support information on their site has yet to be updated to include the 5. I guess something will appear in due time.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Fairphone 3 Schematics and hardware diagrams

Fairphone released schematic of FP5 core modul and a lot of other useful repair info! :grinning:

13 Likes

Best christmas present in years! Much appreciated :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Oh my … Fairphone boldly goes where no iFixit has gone before! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Apparently Fairphone will (re?)release the schematics with a bit more noise this thursday:

Sources: Twitter | Instagram

9 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Fairphone hardware testing on Custom ROMs

Closing as the official Blog post was published