[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Unofficial LineageOS 18.1 for Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+

Hey @dk1978 . I am unable to update to the new version.

Again ended up with the vendor project issue. Using 17.1 branch instead of 18.1 but still not working.

Sorry - could you give me some details? What version are you trying to update to?

An example:

I guess we need to extract the blobs with this change: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_fairphone_FP3/+/305303/1 so that it works on 18.1.

Trying to update to latest 18.1 state. Also if possible please update/merge 17.1 changes to 18.1 as well in the proprietary project.

OK. As I see it, we have the commit and the updated extract scripts for the device tree you just linked to, but don’t have suitable *.bp and *.mk files in the vendor 18.1 branch yet which would be the output of the extract scripts. I will get started on fixing that now.

I have worked through all remaining 17.1 issues that I had some hope of fixing. I will test and integrate the FP3 0101 release blobs over the weekend and then rebase the 18.1 work on top of 17.1 as you suggest. Starting next week we do 18.1 and freeze 17.1.

7 Likes

Awesome.
I will rebase and submit the final changes for device project today.

Edit: Upload in progress. Stay tuned. :grinning:

6 Likes

Source updated.

Device HEAD: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_fairphone_FP3/+/310535

Kernel HEAD: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_fairphone_sdm632/+/310538

Download: lineage-18.1-20210520-UNOFFICIAL-FP3.zip | by TeamB58 for FP3

What/Where is the changelog for this release, if there is any?
Can I lock the bootloader on it?

Nothing much. Just updated to latest May Security Bulletin of lineage-18.1.

If it works in 17.1 then it will in 18.1 as well. @dk1978 any idea on this question?

Locking the bootloader works on 17.1, so I should also work on 18.1 :slight_smile:

After I realized this is a long weekend :slight_smile: I installed it… I tried mindthegapps, as i need gapps, and opengapps is only a test version, but it did not install, it complained about a low resources device and not enough space. So i went with opengapps test, which seem to work fairly well. Have to root the device again, this somehow did not want to work, but that’s not that urgent. I can’t overcome the minuscule display, though. It does not get the right size after rebooting. Maybe i misunderstood this. Switched to larger text and changed minimum width in developer options. For the rest, it seems everything is working fine

Edit: seems GPS does not listen to baidou and Galileo. Only us and glonass

Thanks a lot for trying out the update.

I cannot edit the OP so moderators, it will be helpful if you can update the new link(available in post #33) and also a short hint to set “smallest width to 360 in developer options” to workaround this display issue.

Thanks for the info, and especially for this build!
Can you think of any reason i can’t flash Magisk? Patching the boot.img as file as well as renaming the apk to zip and installing it in twrp leads to an unbootable system. On LOS17 it was working

Edit: might very well be Magisk related. I joined an issue over there

I made the OP a wiki post, you can know edit it yourself.

3 Likes

A (short) phone call worked fine, no peculiarities.

(As it’s mentioned as untested…)

Edit: I seem to not being able to switch NFC on

Edit 2: system seems to get warmer when active. Might be caused by the test build, but looking at cpu frequencies it seems to not drop to the lowest frequency

Edit 3: another observation. Automatic brightness is more reactive than on LOS17, it seems (which I’d good, IMO), but it also tends to drop to the lowest level which makes the display unreadable, as it’s not that dark.

@TeamB58 : is it ok to list everything here, or is there an issue tracker somewhere?

For now it should be fine to discuss until we go official. Once official we can use bugtracker.
@dk1978 what do you say?

Yes, absolutely, list all complaints here for now.

Fine. Will do. As stated in the LOS17 thread I’m busy using my phone (so jumping the band wagon might have been a risk…) and so should stumble over things not yet ready…

But except for those small issues it works fine!

Unexpectedly, the system declared the SD card as corrupt and wanted to format it. After a reboot everything was fine again.
The probably relevant lines in logcat:

05-25 11:03:49.917 512 512 D vold : exfatprogs version : 1.0.4
05-25 11:03:49.917 512 512 D vold : /dev/block/vold/public:179,65: clean. directories 6979, files 32638
05-25 11:03:49.926 512 512 I vold : Check OK
05-25 11:03:49.944 512 512 E vold : Mount failed; attempting read-only: Out of memory
05-25 11:03:49.966 512 512 E vold : public:179,65 failed to mount /dev/block/vold/public:179,65: Out of memory

Is there a guide to install this ROM? I tried it but got issues after installation:

-MindtheGapps spewed some errors and failed

• I tried booting the ROM and ended up with tiny tiny letters and User Interface.

I didn’t succeed with mindthegapps also, but the test package from opengapps for android 11 works fine.
The display thing is hidden in this thread. Go to developer options, display section, and set minimum width to 360dpi. It’s somewhere at 700 after a new install

2 Likes