[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for FP3

Yeah, I had the same issue. You need to update gsmCore again to version 0.2.13 from Oct 19 to get the CoronaWarn app running. Unfortunately, I had to trigger that update manually in my Droid store.

4 Likes

Oh well, now I have to find out how to update it on the LOS 17.1 GSI :wink:
Does the 0.2.13 version work with Corona Warn App 1.5? After the update of the app, I had the same issue as before on LOS 16 and downgraded it again.

Edit>: OK, got it updated, but I don’t dare to update the Corona Warn App, as I am afraid of loosing my stored contacts (again).

1 Like

Ok. But for the record:
CoronaWarn version 1.5.0.47 runs with microG gsmCore version 0.2.13.203915.203915026. The prior Version of CoronaWarn (I don’t remember the exact version string, guess it was 1.4.0.something) worked with version 0.2.12.203315.203315024 of aforementioned gsmCore. I use the microG repository for the F-Droid stores.

3 Likes

I updated, everything is fine…

1 Like

Hey folks! I’m curious, if there are any news regarding the official LineageOS build?

5 Likes

Very kind of you to take an interest. The code and commit history cleanup I mentioned above is done. We are setting up automatic builds (Hudson) and a Wiki entry at the moment.

22 Likes

Most likely this is the wrong place to ask, but maybe I’m lucky:
Is there a way to keep (backup and restore) my collected data of the Exposure Notification of microG or the Corona Warn App?
Background: because I had problems with CWA and microG on this ROM I switched to 17.1 GSI. Of course I would very much prefer to use an official LOS over using a GSI (which is very well maintained, but likely not as future-proof as an official ROM). So if 16.1 will become official, I would of course prefer to switch to 16.1 without loosing stored identifier keys.

Sounds good! Can you also tell if you are already working on the integration of the new camera and speaker (modules) for the Fairphone 3+? Or maybe you @Alex.A, since you mentioned that you plan it for the end of October.

/e/OS is coming to the new camera and speaker modules end of october. Not LOS.
Quoting above:

3 Likes

@dk1978 Congratulation on getting official LOS 16.1 support for FP3 :clap:

2 Likes

I thought you were talking about the release of a first official build and rushed to the official lineage download page to get it. Bummer. :wink:

4 Likes

actually I can already see that the fp3+ has been added on their shop page, so I guess the ROM is ready, but in the device list there’s only the fp3 and shows to be compatible only with fp3, I was expecting fp3/fp3+ at this point.
Patience still required I guess

1 Like

You guys are plain awesome. :grinning:
It will take a few more days, and then everything should be ready of official Lineage OS 16.0 on FP3. I will also open a new forum topic then and maybe migrate some posts if possible.

23 Likes

You are the one that is awesome, @dk1978. And @Max_S of course. :smile:
Thanks for all the work and efforts you put into this.

5 Likes

Thank you very much for your work. Initially, I was waiting for LOS coming to FP3 before buying it. Since my FP1 resisted the charger too much lately, I had to buy “early”. Now I am waiting eagerly for the official release. Really looking forward to it.

4 Likes

I am waiting for the release too. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hurray!
A big THANK YOU for the developers!

2 Likes

Thank you for the work.
I will, however, wait until LineageOS is available for Fairphone 3+.
Then I buy Fairphone 3+.

1 Like

I’ve just read about SeedVault, which is a integrated open-source backup solution, making it’s way into LineageOS in the near future.

More information about it can be found here: https://www.xda-developers.com/lineageos-seedvault-open-source-backup-solution/

I was wondering whether this will also be available in LineageOS 16 for the FP3. The Github page indicates that it will only be compatible with 17.1 and newer. (Source for that: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_packages_apps_Seedvault/branches)

1 Like

The /e/ foundatation has integrated seedvault in their Android 9 based version (in their test builds, it’s not rolled out to the general public yet). It’s “just” more work than integrating it into an Android 10 based ROM.

4 Likes