Ringtone volume - how to mute and and "unmute" easily

I keep my FP2 on mute when I’m at work etc. I do this going to Settings/Sounds and Notifications and scrolling down the Ringtone (sorry if the terms are not accurate, I use my FP2 in Finnish). And the same when I want the ringtone volume back. Besides this being somewhat slow it’s also embarassing as everytime I switch the volume back the FP2 “rings” the the tone. Isn’t there an easier way of doing this?There must be a mute/un mute command somewhere?

Yes, there is a much easier way for doing this (at least on FP Open, but I think both FP OSs are the same here): Simply press volume up or down. You will see a notification popup that lets you choose between “None” (no ringing at all), “Priority” (only numbers marked as priority will ring), or “All” - the default setting (ring always and with no restrictions). Choosing any other option than “All” allows you to mute the phone indefinitely (until you choose “All” again), or for a choosen amount of hours. This is very useful as it helps you not to forget to unmute it.

1 Like

Simply press one of the volume buttons. Then you can tap on the symbol besides the volume ruler to switch between silent and sound or you can set your notification mode to priority or none for a chosen time.

1 Like

thanks for the correction - did not notice until now that volume-down works too :slight_smile:

Thank you very much! Easy-peasy! Should have realised to ask the Forum
earlier! I’m happy now.

1 Like