Reset "record peace of mind"

Same for me. Where is the app? Can’t find it.

I noticed the same Bug (without reinstalling the OS). My record was suddenly set to some value > 20.000 minutes.

1 Like

For those searching for the Peace of Mind Apps: It seems it’s been depreciated for an existing function in Android 5.1:

The amount of time you’ve had “peace of mind” (based on Android’s “no interruptions” setting).

Source: Blog - Software features of the Fairphone 2 - paragraph Interactive Clock

The function can be found at: Settings > Sounds & Notifications > Interruptions

About how to reset the counter: No idea, but maybe the counter is in fact buggy.

1 Like

I’ve come accross a weird bug too : the counter tells (un french) i’ve had fairphone for 46 years and a week (january 1970 ;-)) : do anyone have the same problem ?

1 Like

Does your POM counter actually work? Mine says my record is 388 minutes, but if I activate no interruptions I’m always at 0 minutes - unless a call or message attempts to come through when it will move up to 1 minute.

Might be a different problem, but be interested to know if it’s working at all for you?

@Jon1, @mansuetus I think I know what caused this:

I just reset my phone to start again (even google-free-er than before; because somehow some google (anti)services crept in…) and didn’t enter my Wi-Fi password when setting up. I then got to a screen I didn’t see the last time I set up asking me to change date and time “if necessary”.
The date and time was set to 1.1.1970 11:11.

I guess maybe you didn’t have internet connection when you set up your phone so since the phone believed then that it was 1970 it now believes you had your phone since then.

2 Likes

I have the same problem: just got my phone today, it works fine (except for the famous thouch screen glitches when maintaining the pressure), but the date was initially set on 01.01.1970, but as soon as the date was automatically updated by the signal, it went on 46 years and 20 days!
How do you think we could reset the counter?

My phone was showing the Peace of Mind counter which I really liked but now is showing how long the battery will last until next charge. Does anyone know how I get the POM counter back>

Yes, just tap on the battery time. It’s a widget with mutiple pages, it also shows a clock.

1 Like

Brilliant! Thanks for that Jori.

@paulakreuzer: I can confirm this. I flashed my self-compiled OS and there was no setup. The date was set to 9th (or 11th, don’t remember, but it was not 1st) January 1970. Before connecting to any Wifi, I changed the date manually in the settings to the current date, but the counter then displayed: “Your Fairphone for 03 months, 00 weeks, 02 days”, which is obviously not true. However, I’m not sure if this matches @Stefan’s observation, as the end of october seems too early to me as manufacturing date of the motherboard. But I might be wrong …

It should be like this. Read this:

https://twitter.com/StefaBrand/status/685644521363869697

https://twitter.com/dosch/status/686482288859869185

@Douwe, any news on this?

Is the POM counter buggy or not?
I got my FP2 about 2 weeks ago and had every day the clock on my startscreen. Today afternoon I suddenly got the POM counter on my startscreen. How did that happen? I haven’t change my interruption settings, I even haven’t set a downtime.
I want my clock & date back.

It’s a widget with different screens. Tap it to go through the screens.

thanks! :+1: got it

My POM widget jumped to a record of 46189 minutes last week.

A post was split to a new topic: FP2 freezes when using without screen lock

With the OS update 1.2.8 the behaviour of the “phone ownership” setting seems to have changed. I got my phone back from a repair and made a hard reset without mobile or WLAN connection. Now my ownership time is currently at 5 months 2 weeks. This dates back to some date in Ocober 2015. However, I received my phone only in January and I did the hard reset the day before yesterday.
So to me it looks like just the start date for the counter was changed from 1970-01-01 to something more recent. Or did anyone find an option to set the starting date manually?

Since I updated my Fairphone 2 to OS 1.2.8 the peace of mind widget is not working correctly anymore. Before the update it worked fine. Now it gives me incorrect values. Is there any way I can reset it, or fix it?

1 Like

It would be really helpful to be able to reset the POM and ownership widgets. This can’t be done, can it? Both of mine are buggy, I think. Please don’t tell me you have to root your phone - I don’t know enough and don’t want to mess it up!