Reintroducing: Fairphone's recycling program

Yes, looking also for such alternatives.

2 Likes

My 3.5 year old fully functional Nokia 7 Plus is worth just 2 Euros! :smiley:

1 Like

Thatā€™s more than my Nokia 7 Plus with cracked screen. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gah, I thought I would be able to send at my own expense but after I jumped all the hoops UK was just not allowed as an address :roll_eyes:

Hi There is a delay in arrangements made for the UK. So if you think itā€™s worth it just hold out a bit. Hopefully you saw the post above by @urs_lesse

I know thereā€™s a delay to the UK recycling programme but given that the FP4 has been out for a while here and is available on contract through Co-op, does anyone have an update on timings please? Or is it better to tweet Fairphone directly?

1 Like

Sounds like a sensible idea :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just wondering if thereā€™s been any further info anyone has heard of on when UK might become part of the recycling program? The recycle page still currently states (as of 16 May '22) that labels canā€™t be provided for UK, Norway and Switzerland.

Has anyone heard an update on the UK recycling programme? Or recommend an alternative to the Fairphone one that is reputable. Have an aged FP2 for recycling.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

For 2 years I want to turn in, submit, old phones to be recylced, their to old to be reused (FP 1 and the troublesome FP 2) first I got stuck with the Imea number, than with the fact that gmail-account isā€™nt deleted. Next time when our two FP3 are broken, I will remember. For now batteries are down, Old plugs are gone. I am looking for a ā€œgeitenpaadjeā€(=dutch) to send in 1 FP en 2 FP 2ā€™s, easily, at once, without return feeā€¦ Just want to add some critical raw materials into the cylcle.

Do I send batteries along?

Dear all,
I replaced my old FP4 battery after 1,9 years of heavy use. I wonder if there is a recycling procedure to give back the old battery to Fairphone. Is there such a procedure especially for Fairphone?

(If not I will of course put the old battery in the common recycling system at the supermarket)

Thanks for any advice
Alex

Please read above about FPs recycling program

1 Like

I thought I just put all old phones, and fairphone spare parts from whole family to a box and parcel service picks it up ā€¦ But itā€™s a bit more complicated. Only some phones are allowed, and no spare parts. They need to know IMEI of phone and you have to provide your ID number, date of birth ā€¦ You have to print the shipping label and bring it to UPS collection centre 20 km away.

It is much easier and energy efficient to bring them to the nearest electronic waste collection point.

2 Likes

Hi, if you still have any Fairphone2 phones or spare parts - especially working bottom modules (microphone good as far as you know), then I will gladly have them!
Happy to pay for phones + postage.
Many thanks,
C.

@ChrisA
As you are addressing primarily those in EU might be worth mentioning that you reside in UK with all its associated post Brexit customs declarations. If you still on the lookout for FP2s or parts get in touch via Personal Message.

2 Likes

Hi aspergerguy, thanks for all the FP2 and parts youā€™ve sent. We now have two phones with working mics! Really appreciate your help with that. Pls let me know the costs inc. postage.
Regards,
C.

4 Likes

Hi, I am not very good in all of this. I have a broke display (was in the water). Do you know how I should send it back to FP or properly recycled?
Sorry if I ask about something obviously, but I canā€™t find this info.

Please have a look above, in short thats not possible