Reintroducing: Fairphone's recycling program

We are planning an option to receive a cash back on a previous purchase

Looks like that is the plan already for Fairphones but the quote you use may include all makes?

2 Likes

My phone model (OnePlus 5) doesnā€™t show up in the recycle program, ā€˜find your phoneā€™ field.

Is it still possible to take part in the recycle program if my phone isnā€™t listed as an option?

Regards

David

1 Like

I found it using the search field (just entered ā€œplusā€).

ONE PLUS 5 ā€“ maximum value 44ā‚¬

2 Likes

Fantastic, thanks, the space in OnePlus was obviously required :grinning: should have known.

:+1:

1 Like

The recycling site says itā€™s unable to generate a postage label for the UK. Does that meanā€¦

• The user just has to post their phone at their own expense, but they will receive a voucher that can be spent at the UK Fairphone Shop?
  • Or will the voucher be valid only at the EU shop?
  • Or are vouchers not issued for Fairphones returned by UK users?
  • Or are phones not even accepted for recycling from UK addresses?

Having been promoting Fairphone in the Uk since the FP2, I know people will be asking me and will expect me to know!

Unfortunately the UK is currently excluded from the program (question 2):

EDIT/UPDATE from Twitter (Fairphone reply from today 11:49 AM CET):

grafik

So apparently just a bit more wait. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks, Urs! Thatā€™s promising. :+1:

If I am able to move to the FP4, it wonā€™t be until after Christmas anyway, so perhaps no additional patience will be required.

1 Like

Do they tell anywhere who their service partner is or where one can buy the reusable phones?

You may be better off asking Fairphone ? :slight_smile:

The form suggests itā€™s cadaoz.com, but apparently they do not offer Fairphones so far.

2 Likes

Also my phone is not selectable. It is an old Zenfone Go. It does not power up, unworthy refurbishment (main board damaged).
I would like it to be recycled; it doesnā€™t matter to me if I get no money back.

2 Likes

Have you checked local options? In Germany environmental organizations like Greenpeace or others often set up local collection boxes at their offices.

1 Like

Yes, looking also for such alternatives.

2 Likes

My 3.5 year old fully functional Nokia 7 Plus is worth just 2 Euros! :smiley:

1 Like

Thatā€™s more than my Nokia 7 Plus with cracked screen. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gah, I thought I would be able to send at my own expense but after I jumped all the hoops UK was just not allowed as an address :roll_eyes:

Hi There is a delay in arrangements made for the UK. So if you think itā€™s worth it just hold out a bit. Hopefully you saw the post above by @urs_lesse

I know thereā€™s a delay to the UK recycling programme but given that the FP4 has been out for a while here and is available on contract through Co-op, does anyone have an update on timings please? Or is it better to tweet Fairphone directly?

1 Like

Sounds like a sensible idea :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just wondering if thereā€™s been any further info anyone has heard of on when UK might become part of the recycling program? The recycle page still currently states (as of 16 May '22) that labels canā€™t be provided for UK, Norway and Switzerland.