Registration in non supported Country

Hi All,

I bought my Fairphone from a reseller and live in Australia.
The phone works brilliantly, full connectivity, super fast 5G etc.

However I realized I can’t contact support or register the device without inputting a country from the list of ones provided, which doesn’t include Australia.

Does this mean I can’t register it our contact support without making up a country?
Or am I fully unsupported :frowning:

Thanks

1 Like

Best is to #contactsupport, I suppose the answer is that you are indeed without an official registration. But we’re just users, like you :slight_smile: Welcome to the forum by the way.

3 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sadly you are not supported directly and cannot register as you note. Any warranty would have to go via the business you bought from.

3. Geographic coverage

3.1 Fairphone’s Warranty service is provided to customers located in continental European territories of: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France Métropolitaine (excluding oversea territories), Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, The Netherlands (excluding Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius), Norway, Poland, Portugal (excluding Azores and Madeira), Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (excluding Canary Islands, Ceuta and Melilla), Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom (excluding the Channel islands).

3.2 Please be advised that the geographical coverage of Fairphone and the subsequent Warranty service may be subject to expansion. Any changes will be communicated here.

3 Likes

While it won’t provide you with any manufacturer warranty, feel free to say hello and link up with other Australian Fairphoners here:

4 Likes

Thanks I appreciate the fast reply. It’s such a good quality phone I hope your able to roll out officially to more countries in future

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.