Reception problems since June'17

Since about one month ago I have several problems with the reception of my FP2.

It seems that where there are reception problems (signal is low) the software managing the connection is not able to “reset” the connection with the provider.

For example on my desk at the office I have been using my FP2 for more than 1 year. The signal is good (4G >50%). Very often I check the phone and the signal level shown is less than 3G <50% and no data communication is possible neither calls. Sometimes the signal triangle is full without G, 3G or 4G signal, other thimes the triangle is empty.

First I considered a coverage problem in the area, but I realised that the same problem happens practically everywhere, and the most surprising point is when I set flight-mode and disable it (forcing connection to provider to reset) then the signal goes to 4G 100% without moving the phone from the same plane.

In my opinion this is a software problem of the software managing the connection to the provider that gets stacked in some point of the negotiation. Is there somebody with the same problem?

My Fairphone OS version is 18.04.1 (last version when I post this issue)

I don’t know if this is the same problem or not: when I travel abroad it takes several minutes (or hours) to negotiate and connect with a new provider. I use to travel frequenly through Europe with another cell phone, that connects practically instantanially when I turn it on in the new country (after a flight for example).

Might worth cleaning SIM + contact points in the phone, as suggested here:

I know this might sound stupid but have you tried resetting your phone? It usually solves some weird problems, before doing that clean your SIM card.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.