Ready for my first Fairphone! But need to confirm some specs first.

To work with my carrier here in the US, I need to confirm that the Fairphone 3+…

• Is Unlocked
  • Has HD Voice/ VoLTE
  • Has LTE bands 4,12,13

I put a request in with Fairphone, but it looks like it may take up to a week for a response. Anyone here able to confirm these specs? Thank you! Via [gb whatsapp]

Welcome to the Fairphone community.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome to this forum.

Regarding HD Voice, there is no mention, so I have my doubts.

Besides:
Please understand, that I have taken the freedom to remove the link at the end of your posting, as it was not connected to your posting and therefore might be considered spam.
Everyone interested can still look it up.

EDIT: I was a bit slow and therefore removed all the double posting.

Overall it looks, like the FP 3+ is somewhat lacking for your needs.
And you should always keep in mind, that every repair issue in the US needs to be serviced here in Europe. So you have to buy and ship spareparts or the phone. And coming by a spare battery might not be that easy either, since they are considered hazardous goods when not shiped inside a device but on their own.

5 Likes

If you are looking for a FAIRPHONE like product, there is Teracube in the USA. “Next Evolution of Sustainable Smartphones”

Sorry FAIRPHONE, as long as there is no reseller in the US I think this is a solution in the sense of Sustainable for people who value it.

5 Likes

The FP3(+) has HD Voice. It is pretty much standard in all smartphones since many years, no need to worry about :wink:
I have not done Non-HD-Calls anymore since years (*).

To be more technically: G.722 (the codec for HD Voice) started in mobile networks around 2010 / 2011. At least here in Germany also the “interconnect” (phone calls between different carriers) are all done in HD Voice.

Of course it depends on the carrier. But I guess that all carriers in the US use HD Voice nowadays, too.

Not to be confused with HD Voice Plus (EVS). As far as I know this is not possible with the FP3(+).

(*) Speaking about mobile calls. Of course, if you are calling an old landline number which is working in POTS mode since decades, this will be no HD Voice.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.