Random Screen dimming (while brightness slider stays at 100%) after A12 update

This issue is not tolerable. It exists since 3,5 months now. Why can’t they fix it? Worst phone experience I ever had.

3 Likes

Got the same issue. This is extremely irritating and since the screen is not that bright to begin with it renders the phone completely unusable in bright environments. Not getting fixed for months is embarassing really. This should be addressed and fixed by FP asap.

I really like the FP idea and I really like the FP4. But they really need to get their software development together. Bugs for months, extremely slow updates, where is android 13 … seriously …

6 Likes

You must note that ‘fixing’ A12 takes a bit of effort especially when an update to fix one issue seems to initiate another issue.

Then if there is work on A13 that takes a toll, and then there will be complaints for A13

There is a Beta team of user that hopefully will find a few issues with the A13 that as we ‘speak’ are being worked on.

Noting the work required for the A12 on the FP4 Fairphone the A12 is being skipped on the FP3 so it will go from A11 to A13

I imagine the A13 will be soon maybe even the next OS update :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got angry again yesterday. I was at the 24-hour race at the Nürburgring and the weather was pleasantly good. It was very bright and after I transferred a few pictures from my DSLR to my FP4 and wanted to look at them, the display suddenly went dark again, even though it was set to 100% brightness. I couldn’t do anything but try it a little later. This is really a very troubling problem that needs to be fixed seriously.

So I can absolutely understand your anger :frowning: . I feel the same way, if it’s any consolation to you.

2 Likes

I have the same behavior on Lineage OS with android 13

5 Likes

Same here, annoying. Service was contacted 4 weeks ago, at first they didn’t know the issue :roll_eyes:
On friday I got a reply, it was forwarded to the develeoper.

3 Likes

There’s no way they didn’t know of the issue yet, surely.

2 Likes

I also don’t understand why there is not even an info given that the problem is being worked on. Exactly the same with the Bluetooth problem. How can it be that they don’t finally get it fixed?
Shame on you Fairphone.
That’s not how you convince people of fair cell phones. In the meantime, I just feel like throwing my Fairphone against the wall, because the countless bugs just drive me up the wall. I regret buying this device every day.

3 Likes

They inform you by answering to your open issue. Thats how it works.

It is especially nice that they reply to others who make the same request that they do not know the problem.

1 Like

From here I would kindly ask we dont further discuss FP behaviour/information policy, as it is off topic here, there are several other topics just for this discussion

2 Likes

As in, ticket? I’m pretty sure we can’t use their GitLab.

1 Like

Glad I’m not the only one with this. As soon as I sit in the sun for 2 minutes, my display dims by what feels like 50%. Is this possibly a thermal problem or a hardware defect…
I have already contacted support.

Steven

3 Likes

Well, to paraphrase a well-known TV series, “Summer is coming”… :anguished:
We’ll quickly know if it is indeed temperature-related. I sure hope not, summer is known to be overall quite sunny (= bright).

(I for one am starting to wonder if it is not the clearly broken A12 "Android System Intelligence” aka “auto-learn” aka “AI” (see the thread about the FP not being able to learn user brightness preferences). There seems to be some kind of perverted logic behind those arbitrary brightness changes, and most of all, they happen in the usual reaction delays of A12’s broken adaptive brightness.)

1 Like

I can’t wait for this screen dimming & buggy proximity sensor combo. :smile:

3 Likes

So you are still on A11 :slight_smile:

No, I’m on Android 12.

2 Likes

OK I though you meant looking forward to fix, but just checking that you weren’t excited about getting the bugs :slight_smile:

If it doesn’t drive the user to depression there’s good chance it will make the user stronger

1 Like

It might obliterate their eyesight in the process.

1 Like