Random reboots while talking

Hi folks,
unfortunatly my FP3 started to randomly reboot itself while I am talking. This issue happend 3 times in the last 2 days. I have not changed anything on the phone for about 6 month now. No new apps etc.

It is very annoying when this happens. I hope this is no hardware issue. I own the FP3 since the release and was very satisfied until now.

As I see, this issue also happens to the FP2.

Is anyone having the issue with the FP3 too?

Thanks!

Hi,
I have the same problem with my 5 day old FP3. It turns off while I am talking and starts new directly by itself.
Has anybody an idea what to do?
Thanks!

Hi,
in fact, i am unsure whether we have got the same issue. I installed a custom rom a few days ago, to see whether the reboots are gone.

With the custom rom on the FP3 the reboots didn’t happen for 2 days.

Unfortunatly I was forced to switch back to the stock rom, because some apps I really need did not work with the custom rom (failed security checks, cause of the modified bootloader).

So I switched back to stock.rom And - what should I say - I had no reboots for 2 days now and did a lot of phoning.

What you can try: Do a factory reset and see if it helps.

What I have NOT done till I switched back to the custom rom is to install the Updaet FP3 A.0111.

Hi,
thanks! unfortunatly my English is not good enough to understand your answer and I think also my technical knowledge is also worse. I am german nativ Speaker - so if somebody is able to explane it to me in german I would be thankfull.
If not possible: what is “custom rom” and “stock rom”?
Thank you very much!

Einfach ein eigenes Topic aufmachen und das Problem auf Deutsch schildern :wink: .

The stock ROM is the OS officially supported by the phone vendor, i.e. the OS the phone comes with when you buy it.
The stock ROM of the Fairphone 3 is called Fairphone OS.

A Custom ROM is an OS you can install on your phone apart from the OS(es) officially supported by the phone vendor. Example topics for the Fairphone 3 

Vielen Dank, ich habe mal versucht mich da rein zu lesen und zu denken. Zumal ich gerne weniger Google hĂ€tte. Mein Problem ist gelöst, seitdem ich Google Play vollen Zugriff gegeben habe - ich hatte vorher den Zugriff auf Körpersensoren und Kalender verweigert und dann bei jedem Anruf Fehlermeldungen von Google Play erhalten - und dann kamen die AbstĂŒrze. Diese haben jetzt aufgehört. Ich finde die Arbeit an Google-freien Alternativen (wenn ich das so richtig verstanden habe) toll, aber mir fehlt dafĂŒr das technische VerstĂ€ndnis. wenn es die Möglichkeit irgendwann fĂŒr technisch unversierte gibt, bin ich jedenfalls dabei!
Anyway: vielen Dank!
Beste GrĂŒĂŸe
Jaques

Hello,
so after I did a factory-reset my FP3 works now. I also installed the latest security update and there were no reboots for over a week now. So perhaps it was some kind of “softwareproblem”, which was solved by the factory reset.

3 Likes

and just today it started rebooting again (while speaking). Weird